QPR Away

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Match will be live on FSP at 10 AM EST.

Kinda get this sinking feeling BZ is going to score.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes, this will be a nervy one. Pride at stake against Bobby Z and the one that walked out on us

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Note that FSP has a free preview on DirecTV this week!

It will be an interesting game because it will be at Loftus Road, the only place in the UK I have seen Fulham play (during the exile years). It actually is a really good place to watch a game, with the upper deck close to the field, a la Tiger Stadium and other old ballparks.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

5. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Nice work! I'm with you as well. Just now starting to understand this rivalry but with newcomers like us it makes it a bit easier with the recent developments. Would be thrilled to further distance ourselves from QPR and push them closer to relegation.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Where could it be now? Where could it be now?

All I've got is a photograph ... .

Two lyics from the 1980s pointing out that the article doesn't seem to be there anymore.

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Well said, Heather. I share your sentiments EXACTLY!

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:text-bravo: Heather. Would love to see Mr. Ambition get relegated, but I think they'll survive. I do enjoy that this is a genuine derby for Fulham, because the Haha's view us as a rival while the Chelski fans don't. Considering Fulham is the worst away team points wise in the league (1 win away from CC, even bottom of the table Wigan has 3 away wins) and have been so for years, it's almost impossible to ever predict a road victory. So I'll lean to an exciting 2-2 draw.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hatter my link above is still working...if not hit the homepage link up top.

And thanks for thumbs up guys.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'll echo SCJ and be happy for a point - and I don't care if it's a 0-0 b/c that means BZ didn't score. :dance:

Sad to see BZ in the hoops vs. Fulham, though. Pog will give BZ a "privet" and then knock in a cracker...or so I hope.

COYW

PS - after reading this thread, I have a strange desire to listen to Def Leppard and Men at Work!?!?!? :banana-dance:

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Very nice write-up Heather, thanks for taking the time. Talking about what this rivalry means to past generations in SW6 inspired me to put in the huge effort of . . . wikipedia :character-kenny: Between our last drubbing of QPR and the previous meeting with them at Loftus rd in 00-01, it seems they have some pretty fresh reasons for revenge as well. Should be exciting.

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

All I am seeing is the photo as well, no article. I get it wether i click your link or the home page. If I click the homepage I get a small pic, if I click the link the pic is bigget. If It helps I am using IE9

13. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

However I do see it if I use my I Phone

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Exactly the same situation for me. Also, the older articles are gone as well. Not sure what's hp, but kinda disappointed not to be able to read your stuff!

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The joomla portion of the site is not compatible with the new ie9. I'll have to fix it somehow...personally I hate IE and wish it would die, so I really don't feel like doing such a thing. MS should design a better browser. But since for some unearthly reason it still remains the top browser, I guess I'll do some research on it later...jeez, I hate MS. Opera and Chrome are good alternatives to IE (hint, hint). And Firefox is ok too.

But here's something you could try in the meantime if you insist on IE:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... Explorer-9

However, I tried using the IE9 compatibly option on my husband's computer and it still didn't work. :angry-banghead:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, I adjusted the compatibility settings as well, but to no avail. There's just a picture with a link. I click on the link and there's nothing there be a larger version of the picture.

I guess this eliminates my question of who is going to do the match report on Saturday's match -- live on FS Plus, by the way.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ugh...I essentially have to rebuild the joomla site just to for it to work on ie9...I've tried just updating the files on a test site...but can't log in to the administrator panel. Given my limited abilities of figuring out a solution for that problem. I give up...for now. I was hoping of not having to do any major upgrades or overhauls to site until after the season. But Microsoft had to throw that wish out the window.

I'm too tired of this nonsense right now. Give me week or 2 to recharge, and I'll rebuild the site. At least the joomla part...the forum will be left alone.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Anyway...to get the thread back on track. I'll predict a 1-2 victory for the Whites. :banana-guitar:

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think that's a very realistic score, Senator.

And my commiserations with your hosting difficulty.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

For once, it's not a hosting problem. It's a IE9 problem. There has got to be some simple answer to this. The site, as far as I can tell, works great in every browser except IE9. Here's more proof that Microsoft is nutso when designing browsers:

http://oddballupdate.com/2011/08/13/int ... 1-and-you/