Q & A w/Stu Holden

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Jan 18, 2012.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-Natio ... en-QA.aspx

Glad to see JK invited him to hang out out at the camp on his visit to his doctor. However, when Stu mentions a couple months of rehab in Delaware you wonder if we'll see him in a competitive match before next August.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Part of me hopes we dont see him until August. Take it slowly. I would like to see a complete season.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, it sounds like he has a ways to go before lining up for a match for either Bolton or the USMNT.

4. SoCalJoe

5. Clevelandmo

I'm not holding on to any hope of Holden's return to his previous level, sadly the pun is intended. He had microfracture surgery on the end of his femur. That's what Bo Jackson had and never fully recovered from. With Bo it was his hip and not his knee, but it's still a bone and joint in both cases. Hopefully my caution is misguided, and he returns better than ever. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than waiting and waiting for the old Stu to play again.

6. SoCalJoe

Didn't know it was microfracture surgery.. :cry: Only athlete I can think of that has come back from that is Amare Stoudimire of the Knicks. He never was as explosive, but still able to play at an all-star level. I'll go with you Mo and keep expectations low.

7. Clevelandmo

Joe I didnt know either until I read this article in the New York Times. Maybe it's wrong, but all the other accounts of his injury and surgery were frustratingly vague so I tend to believe the Times account.

Here's a link to the article and for the record I am baffled by the photo they chose. It's as if they're mocking him.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/12/holdens-long-road-back/

8. SoCalJoe

:eek:bscene-drinkingbuddies: :clap: :character-beavisbutthead: :greetings-clappingorange: :handgestures-salute: :text-bravo:

Stuart Holden came on as a sub in the 74th minute in Bolton's 2-0 victory of Sunderland in the FA Cup. What a moment for him.

9. Clevelandmo

I still refuse to get my hopes up but I wholeheartedly endorse your emoticons and would add, :bow-yellow: :banana-guitar: :banana-dance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :clap: :drool: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope: :banana-ninja: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :bow-blue: :greetings-clapyellow: :flags-usa: :greetings-waveyellow: :happy-jumpeveryone:

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There is not a doubt in my mind that but for this injury Bolton is still in the Prem. So good to see him back. His career has been remarkable for both is achievements and his devastating injuries. I hope he comes back slow and performs well and for a long time.

12. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I hope his remaining carreer is injury free and lengthy. Luck has not been kind to Stuart Holden on the injury front but I do hope that changes going forward.

13. SoCalJoe

A new interview w/Stu on espn on jumping into a relegation battle at Sheffield Wednesday. He sounds optimistic, and as Lax pointed out on the Gold Cup thread a Holden appearance for the US in that tourney is shaping up.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/soccerusa/id/2180?cc=5901

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

16. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

He's on his way back - The U.S. MNT boss says Holden to be called in for May-June camp and the Gold Cup

May 2, 2013
    From-ussoccer.com

I happy for Stuart that he has progressed to the point of receiving the backing of Bolton to return to participate with the US national team. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

17. SoCalJoe

Deserving of a :banana-guitar: