Portsmouth to enter administration-AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jimsig, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yet another club that 'arry the Thug spent into death and then moved on. sorry that they're no longer in the Prem. I miss that huge mofo with all the tattoos and the high hat.

3. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Amazing how fast they have fallen. Really feel for the supporters.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

While the 2nd half protest against Blackpool was nice, surely it fell on deaf ears. Not much but paperwork to be filled out. Something as a US sport supporter is hard to swallow, but the end result hopefully is a stronger team. Even if it is a League lower. :(

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:lol: Always picture that guy when I think of Pompey (and Danny's header of course). The cameras always seemed to find him once or twice a match. That blue and white checkered Cat in the Hat look (if the Dr. Suess character was in a biker gang). I always wonder if the supporters knew where they were headed, would they give the FA Cup back to be financially viable?

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I hated the bells. Tough break for the supporters. They're alot like Fulham in that they're really a 2nd division team from an infrastructure standpoint, but when you can get into the Prem and stick around you can change your lot in the pecking order. Unfortunately for Pompey, they ran into Redknapp and several unfortunate ownership situations in a row & that wiped out any Premiership gains and then some. I won't be surprised if they fall to the 3rd division ala Leeds, Wednesday & Southampton before they get things back in order.