Pompey v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Jan 6, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Time to put our crying towels aside and look instead to rack up our first [and only possible] double of the season. We've got injury concerns with Paintsil, Big Brede, and Zamora, and how weird is it that the least damaging of the three in terms of getting all the points on Saturday is the injury to Hangeland?

Pompey continue to be demoralized. They're still not getting paid, and their gaffer is discovering what it's like to run a club where you don't have 18-25 internationals who DON'T play most matches. Their heads are down and we might have gotten a wake up call with our well-deserved ass-whuppin' at Stoke.

Here's what I got

-------------------------- A3O3 ---------------------------
    Kelly ---- Hughes ----- Smalling ------- Konchesky
    Riise -------- Jesus --------- Chicago --------- Duff
    ----------- Nevland ------ Deuce ------------------------

Admiral Stockdale; Stoor, Kallio, Baird, Murphy, Gera, AJ

Dempsey looks in vain for somebody's ass to bank a shot off and scores conventionally, as does Smalling and Jesus.

3-0 and everyone stops crying -- for a minute.

Side note 1: The FulhamUSA.com white shirt lost mojo after only one win. Time for my Volzy home jersey.

Side note 2: Regardless of how many channels are available on Saturday and whether or not Fulham is playing on any of them, it's gonna be fekkin cold here, and I'm NOT driving downtown. Sorry, Matt!

COYW

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Baird for Digkachoi, and Murphy for Greening -- so they both had a bad game at the same time -- Pompey is the cure for that.

Now they are saying Thursday (tomorrow as I write this) will be payday. Any takers on this happening? I thought not.

I think I see a solid 2-0 thrashing by the guys in white, and that one Pompey fan with the blue and white hat and the over the top Pompey getup and tattoos to get a tleast one camera shot, where I will quickly and briefly change the channel.

Come on Fulham. Pompey is down, let's kick em. That is what good teams do.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I want blood on Saturday. And I want "Jesus" to heal the sick, and boss the midfield as well. That's not asking too much, is it?

COYW

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I could dig that lineup. I really want to see how well Riise plays in this league. I think he could be a great player, he just needs a chance. Not sure about Greening, but Murphy isn't getting it done.

I want to destroy Pompey. I want a 6-0 scoreline with the Pompey fans crying at the end of the game. We are superior in every way and I want domination from the first minute on.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, it's not on FSC ... at least we know that much.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Unless some eleventh hour deal gets done (like with ESPN earlier this season), it'll be feeds, GJ, and chat zone for all!

:|

We should probably win this 2-0 and Pompey will go into administration shortly thereafter.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Surely Clint will be moved up top. Forgive the ignorance, but what is the status of AJ? Another guy that would provide a boost if he can get off the physio table is our Favorite Welshman Simon Davies.

3 points, plain and simple.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

AJ's status is that he's complete shit, but he is healthy.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

It is going to be cold this weekend with temps hovering around freezing daytime, few degrees below at night. Snow looks like it may be coming back, but looking more likely for Sunday. Lets hope no frozen pitch.

No beef with Hatter's line up but we may see Demps in mid and moved up front if we are not effective.

I am going to be there with serious layers and long handles on (unless I get food poisoning....ate some out of date food today accidentally...stuff that went bad while I was back in the US over X-mas!) :shock:

Not a must 3, but close.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

oooooooh food poisoning added to layers of hard-to-remove-quickly underwear!

Not a situation I'd like to entertain. Hope you have a good day out, Tex.

11. sullytex

sullytex Member

If in doubt....lets just say I'll be 'sitting' this one out. Back to the match discussion....

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

What's Konchesky's status? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it. I haven't seen anything since he picked up the knock late at Stoke.

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Don. It's not our only possible double. We still have all of the away fixtures against teams we beat at home.

Heck, we can get doubles against both ManU and Liverpool.

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

15. sullytex

sullytex Member

Really wonder if this was an outside the Cottage thing or the pitch itself. Maybe it was both. I will say that in my town centre there is 1 1/2 inches of ice on just about all sidewalks. Some older folks are having problems getting around.

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Okay, what the heck.

Since when have clubs cared about the well-being of the fans? Is this a tort issue, like are the clubs liable for the fans' safety now?

Because last month Baltimore got a blizzard (2 feet; a lot for us) and the Ravens made damn sure that game still went on. Not saying I agree with that, but it makes you wonder.

17. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

timmyg. I'm guessing partially tort, partially common sense. Yeah, we had 2 feet of snow, but it was dry snow and you were in a bigger danger of getting stuck than sliding. England received a foot of wet snow, resulting in severe ice issues. Ice is far worse than powerdery, dry snow.

Also, Baltimore gets more annual snowfall than London does, by a considerable amount. My mom lives in Aylesbury, 40 miles outside London and she has never seen 7 inches of snow in her hometown IN HER LIFETIME (and she's in her 60s). We rarely have a winter without snow accumulation and we get hit by a storm about this size about every 5 years.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The official report said that there was concern about safety into and out of the ground's area. With nearly everyone walking to the match, every sidewalk and street is a concern.

As for the Ravens' game, the threat of losing all that revenue from 3 hours of commercials and one hour of game, bring a lot more pressure, not to mention that you've got one huge parking lot to take care of.

19. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Darn, after missing most of Stoke, I was looking forward to this one. Don, you get a free pass this time I guess. Can't say with reports of 17 degrees in the a.m. that I was looking forward to venturing out either....however I would have toughed it out.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

if winter ever ends, we'll catch another Saturday morning for sure.