points for safety

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by AtlantaJohn, Mar 1, 2005.

1. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Had a few moments to kill so decided to go over the remaining games of the three teams at the bottom, to see what sort of number of points they could acheive. Norwich have by far the hardest schedule, with their schedule I think they could get another 8 points. WBA have an easier schedule and my total for them is 13 points, the team I am most concerned about from a Fulham perspective as to be Southampton, on present form they are likely to pick up another 14 points, but Harry is going to get them playing and they could get better. Also another wildcard in here that applies to all teams is the factor of teams at the top having no reason to play their best line ups towards the end of the season, the more successful clubs are more likely to play second stringers if they are still in certain competetions, so a game like Southampton V man u at the end of the year might not be such a clear cut game. If all my games go the way I think they will, Fulham have to find another 6 points or so to really start to think safe.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I really believe the players, themselves, will find a way... and not let the fans down.

Read Tony Gales' column on the main site

BTW: I can understand Cole's atttitude, but I would like to see McBride's latent leadership come out in the locker room.

He's not the type to be a "captain" or a cheerleader, but i would hope he breaks out of his usual MO on this occasion... it could make a difference.