Petty and Pat.. peeling off the obscuratum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 8, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Being compared to Pat Buchanan is loathesome, I conveyed to Don..

So when I read that Pat Buchanan Wins Dutch Elections I thought, but a far leftist won..well THIS will be good.

Well, the comparison is on the grounds that both the Dutch winner and Buchanan are anti-immigrant. And that is one of the things I differ with PB.

soo... I went to his wiki bio... and discovered that I agreed with him on more issues than not.

I have to first fall back from the view that he is 'near racist':
    I've read and been inspired by BT Washington's definitive book and Buchanan does indeed knit closely with his views. Not to mention WEB DuBois until the latter became politicized and bitter.

ANd it turns out that PB's animus toward ML King was influenced by King's statement that Goldwater 'smacked of Hitler'. Now we all know that great men sometimes make foolish statements.. and that certainly is foolish.
    But that foolish statement might have been referring to Goldwater's view that we should 'either get out of Viet Nam or bomb them back to the stone age'.

In summary Buchanan despises those who hyphenate their identities. And I dont disagree, whether it's their nationality or their married names.

I, of course, disagree still with PB's view that the UN should be disbanded and kicked out. And that we should get out of NAFTA and the IMF, and install tariff protection for equal cost of goods between domestic and import.

I think all those entities should be reformed, not shit-canned. But the weak sisters and lefties couldnt stomach anyone who spoke out about the little puff-chested tinhorns running the UN... so maybe Buchanan is right.