PBS GOP Debate and its non-attendees...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Sep 28, 2007.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I actually watched most of this debate last night. I was please with the format and I was impressed with the topics and discussions brought to the table.

In my opinion, this is the way debates need to be. For those of you who didnt watch or can't find the channel it was on, I will inform you that:

I like the empty podiums or lecterns... its symbolizes something important to me. This is the first time I've heard so many clear uninterupted answers... well, except for Tancredo, he always seems nervous.

So I ask before I comment, what you do all you guys think of the skipping of the "minority" debate? Are any of the readers out there of ethnic minority and in that case does it matter to you? or not matter to you? Given the track record of the GOP are you surprised?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I find this to be in the same stupid vein as Dems refusing to debate under the sponsorship of FoxNews. Is that the track record you mean?

Silly!

Just as silly as 'crooksandliars' saying that Mara Liason and everyone on PBS/NPR other than Moyers and Riehm are GOP shills.

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm not sure if i understand the comparison. I don't think i made clear the "track record", I kept hearing last night, as if it were the underlying theme, that the "front runners" didnt show up because they give up on the black vote.

Crooks and Liars is ok as far as video posts of footage from the MSM goes... on occassion John Amato makes a valid point in his commentary.

As far a repulican shills go, I can name too many before Mara comes to mind. In fact, I have a hard time thinking anything on NPR is anything but liberal... but that may just be burned into my brain.