Paul Ince in at Blackburn

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FulhamAg, Jun 22, 2008.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Wow, first black manager in the Prem. Sounds like an up and coming hire with potential. It should be interesting to see how he does at Rovers and if he's ready. I'd think FL2 and the Prem is quite the gap for a jump like that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

We'll see.. his 'take no prisoners' play, and sometime petulance as a player, doesnt exactly make Ince the 'man for all seasons'.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

No matter how it turns out, it should be good for the EPL. Having only observed the league for just over 7 months, there appears to be a death of black managers in that league. Well, none actually.

Given what has happened here in the US, with african american coaches winning championsips in all three of the big sports, it just comes down to opportunity and choosing the best person for the job. Good luck to him and hope he brings some exciting football to Blackburn........as long as they lose to Fulham of course.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

let me see. Ex-Man U player. Hardass on the pitch; took no prisoners; natural leadership abilities; immense pride in his team and his country when "wearing the shirt" as captain; expected full-blooded committment from his fellows as a player; not the guy you ever wanna piss off; shows toughness as a manager; demands focus from his players.

Hey, are we sure that Ince ISN'T Hughes?

As you can probably tell, I admired both these guys on the pitch and I really liked what Hughes brought to Wales and to Rovers. I'm expecting Ince to do the same, but going from 1 year of league managment straight into the EPL is tough. We'll see.

I hope they finish 11th, and we finish 10th.

5. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Kept Macclesfield Town up. Led MK Dons to promotion. Seems like a risk worth taking for Blackburn.

They've made some good managerial selections there. I think this one will work out as well provided Ince can keep the core talent at the club.