Opinion: A player in an enabled dreamworld...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 30, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

When one looks back at the recent MLS past regarding players traded and coach replacements touted. all we have to do is look at RSL and breathe a sigh of relief.

Most of us (including me) thought John Ellinger would have been good with the Crew. But he's found that putting together a team of gifted adults is much different than assembling and teaching gifted kids.

And the most telling point is that he has Jeff Cunningham...
    'Disappointing Effort leads to another loss.."
    I like fans that support and encourage players, but sometimes they do those players no service... instead they ENABLE them in their bad habits.
    JC is the prime example: it's ALL about him, and his comments after the MLS AllStar match last year were telling.

I strongly hope that the Columbus fans who loyally carried the "Fear Jeff" signs make a new one for when {IF} he comes here:
    Get Professional Help, Jeff!
    Because it's a shame to see anyone with his gifts and natural talents go into a tail-spin to oblivion, or at best the USL, when he could have been just as great as he thinks he is... or does he REALLY?