Obama says McCain, Clinton pandering on Gas Tax

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 30, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And yes, they certainly are.
    NYT OpEd: Dumb as We Wanna Be
    But a sidereal view is that the Liberals {including Republicans} in congress are attempting to legislate away our choices AGAIN.

Of course, it's important that Gore's ManMade Global warming, and our ability to affect it, be accepted as fact.
    InstaPundit: YOUR CONGRESS HELPS MAINTAIN HIGH GAS PRICES:
    Read the whole thing and follow the links in there.

I have tried to tell you guys that AGW is a farce, I dont mind reducing carbon emissions as long as it doesnt affect the National Security of the US, but it's pretty clear that Congress is more beholden to Special Interests than it is to its voters. It can't BUY your votes with votes, it can only buy your votes with ad money and endorsement from idiots like those who are dead set against Nuclear Power and drilling.

The latest whopper: The Dems are saying that Anwar drilling wont help a thing... it would take ten years. That's what they said Ten years ago!
    And that's what they will say about Nukes, or Refinery capacity or anything else, other than 'Alternative Energy' {which they are probably - like Gore - investing their personal money in}.

I've got news.... you dont PUSH new Technology, new technology is PULLED. If it's viable, it will stand on its own. And the new technology is really close, see my posts on various nano-developments.
    {Note: all I'm really doing, there, is echoing Glenn Reynolds in large part}

Meantime that new tech almost CERTAINLY will depends on nukes and coal and re-ordering our fossil-fuel usage. Get power plants and factories OFF natural gas, get NorthEast residents OFF heating oil and ON natural gas.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Algae's the Answer?

Related: 'Soil-Ant' Green!
    20,000 gals of fuel/acre

And it needs LOTS of CO2 to be efficient