Obama: and pocket lint.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 26, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It sometimes amuses me how I can go thru my jeans pockets before I throw them in the washer and surmise from the results what I was doing when I wore them.

Our hope and change candidate should try it.. he'll come up with a lot of interesting stuff. Not the least interesting is his indirect 'lint' from Illinois Super Corp: Archer Daniels Midland, ADM. If Obama wants change, maybe he'll go against the grain {heh} and denounce corn ethanol as the fraud and waste it truly is.

I'm sure even Don will acknowledge I've been posting against grain ethanol for years.. and not because I'm an expert, because no one with any rudimentary common sense knowledge of the agricultural process can fail to see it. In other words, no MBA needed!

If conservatives, even Investors Business Daily point this out, where is the outrage from the left?

I dont think McCain is totally on point, either. Certainly, though, he is not as deeply in ADM's pocket.

Hope.. always, no matter what. Change.. not so much.
    - - -- - - - - -- - - - -- - -

As far as Cane and Switch Grass/ 'agricultural waste' ethanol though... I say again: there is NO SUCH THING as agricultural waste.

Any use of crop growing land, no matter how poor for other crops, and no matter what residue is used.. growing fuel is absurd and ultimately unsound for the environment the lefties claim to be protecting!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Had you been paying attention, you'd have noticed that every time you do post against ethanol, I'm the guy who agrees with you. The Ethanol process wastes more energy than it produces. The ONLY reason we pursue Ethanol is the W#%@#%^$^@ IOWA CAUCUSES!

Ethanol has a ton of bi-partisan support [every senator plans to run for president one day] and darn few dectractors. I was pleased to see McCain's stand on Ethanol, but this issue is hardly "the right is against it and the left is for it." After all, McCain's not really a conservative, or so moans the right-wing bloggers and radio idiots, and so parrots Pettyfog.

3. pettyfog

He is not a 'Conservative'.

And how can you take offense, when I pointed that out. I didnt say you disagreed on the issue, I was referring to our otherwise mostly adversarial relationship.

The point I am trying to make, perhaps poorly, is that the liberal stance MIGHT have been 'Truth to Power', except for the votes and Campaign contributions of the 'Big Corp'.

Certainly we dont see any lack of railing against Exxon Mobil.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sometimes I think that the greatest contribution the Republican Party and Democratic Party can make to the future of the nation is to jointly boycott the Iowa caucuses.

Other times I'm convinced of it!

5. pettyfog

I Think the Dems will do the dirty work all by themselves.. IF Obama gets whacked in the general.

If he wins, Dean will be hailed a genius, for doing nothing new.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

What does this have to do with pocket lint? Disappointing.

7. pettyfog

Proving, once again, why ritalin is over-prescribed. And no, I aint gonna explain that.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

That's good, you probably shouldn't. Jokes that are already only funny to the teller become even LESS funny when the teller tries to explain them to other people.