NYT Bash GOP on Energy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 13, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

In Recent NYT Opinion pages..
    One apparently true AND scandal for McCain if true
    I dont have the faith in the current wind and solar systems to make an appreciable dent in our energy needs but there's no reason to not vote for these tax credits in exchange for drilling. In that regard I have SOME sympathy for the 'Energy Gang of Ten'

One a flat out lie

Wherein the pretend journalist quotes numerous old outdated data and implies it's current. That way he can get all his references out of the congressional Dem playbook. Freeing up time for Golf?

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Stop the presses, I agree with 'fog! The fact that current wind and solar systems probably won't make an appreciable dent in our energy needs is certainly not a need not to vote for the tax credits - if it's an avenue we want to pursue, the credits are all the more important to incentivize development of systems that WILL make an appreciable dent.

I don't agree with the "in exchange for drilling" at the end though. They're independent ideas that should be judged on their own merits. It's a shame that "in exchange for drilling" is probably how politics will make it have to work, but that's politics.