NYC: Fulham @ Arsenal, Saturday 2/28, Nevada's, 10:00am

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by sublicon, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sublicon

sublicon New Member

I haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd post. I will 100% be at this match, contrary to recent pledges that have gone unfulfilled. :D

For some reason, I don't have high hopes for this weekend, though we've come off of two wins, which has to be good for morale . . though both came against two mediocre if not sub-par teams.

Either way, who is in??? *raises hand* I think I'm gonna be juuust like the players and rock some white Under Armor under my shirt, just for solidarity purposes.

WHOSE WITH ME?? WHOOOOOO??

2. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: NYC: Fulham @ Arsenal, Saturday 2/28, Nevada

Can't do it, I've got plans to be in NJ that day. I'll definitely be there for the huge huge huge FA Cup QF against Man United the following Saturday though. (I can only assume that will be televised.)

3. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I'm 95% sure I'm in.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I have to resolve a travel issue: the Devils play at the Rock at 1 PM.

This game, in all likelihood, ends at about noon. The train leaves Penn at 12:14. So unless I can figure out the PATH train schedule from WTC to Newark (it's not clear on departure times), either I leave this game early or I just skip out.

Hmmmm...

5. sublicon

sublicon New Member

John, come and leave early if you have to. I'm gonna be like, the only one there apparently. WHACK, bro.

The old Editorial Director of my mag is gonna be at Emirates, btw...

The Glass is Half Fulham

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

OK. I'll be there, but I'll have to skip out early.

You don't have to tell me to come early though; I know Chelsea and Liverpool have games on at NS at the same time.

7. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Dave Flagler from Philly is coming up to join us, he's an O.G. as far as us yanks go. Gonna be good to have him. TURN OUT....RUDY! NICHOLAS!

8. jmh

jmh New Member

My hunch is that you should probably be able to stay until the end of the match and still get to Newark by game time if you take the PATH rather than NJT.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/p ... K_Sat.html

According to this schedule there's a train that leaves WTC at 12:27pm and gets to Newark at 12:49pm.

If you prefer you could also get the PATH at 9th Street, take it to Grove Street or Journal Square, and then switch to the Newark train.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/p ... B_Sat.html

9th Street at 12:13, gets to Grove at 12:32, Newark train leaves Grove at 12:34, Newark at 12:49. Google Maps says it's a 13 minute walk from Nevada's to the 9th Street PATH, so if you're out of Nevada's at 11:55 you should be fine.

9. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

When did I ever say I wasn't coming? Btw, I haven't seen you at like the last 10 matches...

10. sublicon

sublicon New Member

NOT true . . like 6 of the last "10 matches" haven't even been televised. I wasn't there for WBA because of a female, I wasn't there for Man United because I was in Vegas for work, I wasn't there for the FA Cup match because of a female, I wasn't there for the West Ham match because I was in California for work . . damnit, the saying doesn't go "Fulham before hoes" . . I'm making time this weekend, damnit! *cry*

P.S. John Fischer: you are not permitted to utter the words "Bonecrusher" or refer to Zamora as a tree not to be climbed, at anytime during the match this weekend.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Well, Zamora is NOT a tree and you CAN'T climb him.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Sublicon, are you some kind of pimp? "Females" and then "Vegas" and "California" for work...I'm suspicious.

:banana:

Your avatar kicks ass.

13. RDG

RDG Member

Rats -- that's the day I wash my hair. Ah, well. I should be around for the MU match, though.

14. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I think it's cute that someone who hasn't been showing up can tell me what to say!

Don't worry your little head over it, Kallio isn't going to be playing (I hope) and Arsenal likes to go for the legs instead of jumping on backs. Just for you, I'll state that Zamora can't be cut down, he's not a tree.

Also: I'll take the PATH! I will learn something new. Thanks Josh and Geoff!