Noles 13 - 10 Miami

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by krhimself, Sep 5, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Sorry Canes fans, but we've pretty much dashed whatever was left of your "title hopes."

The game was rarely (if ever) pretty, but FSU did enough to come away with the win. Our defense was unbelievable, especially in the second half. Also, it was really fitting that our kicker played the role of a hero after the long line of Wide Rights and Lefts we've suffered in this series.

With that said, Go Noles!

P.S.:
    [​IMG]

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Actually, I hate to burst your bubble... but the most notable thing on the game was the curious fact that it was carried on both ESPN and ESPN2.

Beats poker. I suppose... but just as boring.

That it was so low-scoring, given the chances and field positions, pointed out to me that both teams are overrated and, at the end of season, all that will be settled are the parochial bragging rights.

3. krhimself

krhimself New Member

It was bound to be a low-scoring game, though. Both teams made it obvious that they would win try to win by stopping the attack. We just did a better job of it.

Call me delusional, but there's a slight possibility that we can finish the season undefeated. We have only three road games remaining, and aside from a few tricky home games, the schedule looks favorable. I don't expect it to actually happen, but if our offense improves, we could be looking at a great run of games.

4. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im a Buckeye fan and when we beat Miami for the national title a few years ago our offense was boring and our defense was great. Unlike this year Ohio State has the best offense in the country and an unexperence defense.