NFL Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 20, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The big controversy is that Tony Romo is on the NFC list....

And Tom Brady isnt on the AFC list

I agree it's wrong in both cases.

2. psand22

psand22 Member

It's hard to believe that they've already picked the Pro Bowl teams with 2 weeks left in the season. As close as the stats are for the guys...those 2 games could really make a good season a great one...or a forgetable one.

I don't think that Romo should get the nod either, since he's only played 8 games. He has put up some good #'s.....I like the Rivers pick over Brady (NC State Fan), but their stats are pretty darn close. That's why they need to wait until the season is complete. Palmer might not get Cincy into the playoffs or Rivers might have another average / bad game.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Controversy is the fact that Larry Allen gets the nod every single year because people can't be bothered with watching O-line play. He used to be one of the most dominant players is rather average these days.

As for Romo, I understand the concerns, but there really aren't that many great quarterbacks right now (that weren’t hurt for a portion of the season—McNabb, Hasselbeck ) in the NFC. Kitna has had decent numbers but hasn’t really turned that into success for the team. Grossman started well, but everyone is piling on him now. I think there are a few up and coming quarterbacks, but really, who has had a Pro Bowl type season in the NFC other than Drew Brees? Romo’s not the third best quarterback in the league, but he has had pretty good numbers and has made a huge impact on the success of his team.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Tony Romo??? this tells me just how #$%tty the NFC is.

5. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Did Ben Graham make it? The punter for the NY Jets? He's an amazing punter. :)

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Winslow got snubbed.