Next American signing at Fulham

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by RidgeRider, Jun 21, 2008.

1. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

If you were Roy Hodgson, who would be the next American you would bring to Fulham, and why?

2. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Brian McBride. Because he's badass.

But really, If we didn't sign Schwarzer (sp?) then I would say sign up Tim Howard.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Even with Schwarzer, I'd say sign Tim Howard. But it'll never happen. Next on the list would be to get McBride back. Based on our needs, I don't know if I'd have an interest in anyone else at this time.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I remember a rumor about Michael Parkhurst, the defender from the Revs, being rumored, but that was one of those lies, damned lies, and transfer rumor type deals

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

LOVE the new avatar, Steve!

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I can't think of a single one I want to see in a Fulham kit unless it is one of our younger players being signed as a development player and I don't think the PL is really the place to go to develop your skills. So to make a short answer long, none.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks, although Audrey won't be absent for too long.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Cherundolo? Pearce? Bradley?

Altidore? Adu? Beasley?

There's a few we'd take.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the only reasons to take Americans is that they're disciplined, they're fit, and they're cheap.

The ONLY Yank I see as even of possibly slight interest to Roy [or to me] is the Cheesehead. I see Central and Northern Europeans as Roy's imports. But, I'm ALWAYS wrong about these things, sooo.

10. sublicon

sublicon New Member

If I were Hodgson, I'd take a break on signing Americans for a while.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

how about Altidore on loan. let lovely Woy figure out who should be playing up front for the US

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nice thought, mo; but if we did take him on loan, he'd get less playing time than he'd get in Spain. He's nowhere near ready for the EPL.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Before I fell asleep last night in HT of the Crew LA game, everyone was waxing ecstatic on Edson Buddle... esp on how he finally seems to have found his niche.

If so much as ONE person suggests him on the Offall, I'm gonna puke.

Stifle it, Don.
    heh