Newbie who's an Oldie.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tony Malcolm, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Tony Malcolm

Tony Malcolm New Member

Hi guys,

Have just taken a job in Chicago. Had to leave my Season Ticket for 2013-14 behind. Last game was West Ham which we won, so a bittersweet last match. Been a Fulham fan 44 and a half seasons. I've seen us almost go out of the league and I've been to see us in the Europa League final. I was there at Carlisle when Rodney Macaree put the ball in Carlisle's net. I went on the European Tour and been to the majority of grounds in the UK following the boys. I once hugged George Best and Rodney Marsh outside Plymouth Station as they headed home on the train with the Alec Stock team. Will have to get used to getting up for 9am to see us live on ESPN and am looking for a good pub in Chicago to watch the games. Must win match against Swansea next even though they did us at home. We can't go down or otherwise I won't be able to watch the games on the box. Good to see Dempsey back in the team and let's hope he starts finding form and we can all start singing our favorite song from the Hammersmith End again. He scores with his left, he scores with his right…etc. COYW.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy the banter. Love your history with the club and please continue to post.

COYW

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Tony, spent my high school years in Chicago and I think you'll grow to love the city, in spite of the cruel winters. If you look up under the pub map above, The Globe address & phone number is listed. I'm sure there are more places, but at least it's a start. WIll echo Nev's sentiment about life-long Fulham supporters and how we value your insight, cheers!

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Welcome Tony

Grat to have you here!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

welcome, Tony; so pleased to have you here

6. tim

tim Active Member

Welcome aboard Tony. Very nice to have you here.

As for Chicago pubs, I've only ever been to the Globe, but found it to be a good place to watch. I'll echo Joe in that Chicago is a fantastic city. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I lived in the area.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Welcome Tony! It's great to have someone with your history on this site. I hope we see you around some more. If you cant get to a pub, the FulhamUSA chatroom is a nice way to enjoy a match. It's kind of our own match day pub. Best of luck in Chicago. It's my favorite city in the US so you've done pretty well by landing there, imho. COYW

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Welcome Tony. I hope you enjoy your time around here.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yo.. Tony!

Enjoy the weather... You got here just in time for the reversion to classic midwest weather. You dont say where in Chicago you live and work but if it's downtown, dare say you will find, because of that gentle breeze off Lake Michigan, you've NEVER been colder in your life. Freezer in the winter, sauna in the summer sums it up.

Also, keep eye open for McBride sightings.. he will turn up at the oddest places and times {I know from Columbus experience}.

regards!

10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Welcome from the frozen tundra of...Kentucky? Yes, KY. Many Cook Countians (some with warrants...be careful around Seymour, IN), make their way here on the First Saturday in May, so put on your to do list. Welcome sir!

11. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

Welcome Tony...from a neighbor to the north (Minneapolis) that is beyond frozen at this point. The Windy City is fantastic so enjoy all it has to offer and we all look forward to seeing your insights on the club!