New York bar for Everton home match on March 16th

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by GeorgeB, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hi Fulham USA people. Great website! Greetings from the UK. I and the rest of my family (plus many relatives and friends!) are long time Fulham season ticket holders and three of us will be in New York over the weekend of the Everton match on 16th March. We thought we would watch it in one of the three or so bars recommended on this website in Manhattan. Probably in McCormack's as this is the nearest bar to where we will be staying. It would be great to meet up with any other locally based Fulham fans if any of you are around then. So let me know if there are any takers. Also is McCormack's a decent venue and are the breakfasts any good? George COYW

2. RDG

RDG Member

March is a long way away. The match should be shown on TV over here. That being said, we will probably be meeting up at Nevada Smith's, which isn't all that far away from McCormack's. It is a bit noisier, and they don't do food, but it shouldn't be packed on the Sunday morning, as it can be on Saturday mornings. McCormack's is laid back, and I do like it, but I can't say much good about the food. It is fine, at best. If you don't feel like having a few pints for breakfast (ok, actually some of us do eat something before we leave the house), maybe we can catch you up afterwards.

Have you been to NYC before? I'll send you a PM with various places to see along with bars and restaurants.

COYW!

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Technically, they do sell meat pies at Nevada's. I'm not sure if they're any good, but they're there.

GeorgeB, if the Everton match is on TV here in the US (and matches that Sky is covering usually are), you and your folks and friends should definitely come join us there. The more, the merrier!

4. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

RDG thanks for the personal email detailing places in NY etc. very helpful. We have been before so know a little already.

Seems like you and jmh are likely to be at Nevada's provided the match is on so we could well join you although I like to keep my breakfasts for breakfast and my booze for the evening but I suppose we could eat something before we go out although we could be a bit jet laggeed as we will be flying in the day before. Anyway, hope to see you lot for the match.

5. RDG

RDG Member

If there's the usual crowd, there should be a core group of at least 6 of us at Nevada's. There are usually more, though.

Since the matches are shown live in bars over here, we drink early in the morning. ("Beer: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore!") It is odd when we're over there, and the match begins in the afternoon.

Is there really meat in those pies at Nevada's, or have I just been thinking too much of "Sweeney Todd"?

6. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

You seem to get bigger Fulham crowds at Nevada's than we used to get at Craven Cottage in the bad old days! And with my family in tow, just one of my daughters on this visit, we could almost make double figures!

I don't want to upset you locals, but I think I'll have to give the Sweeney Todd pie a miss on this occasion. still, I suppose I'll have to drink something to stay in the bar. Perhaps a coffee? Is that allowed or is it too wimpish? Who knows, maybe before the end I might need a beer or two to relieve the stress....after all it will be the afternoon in old blighty. COYW

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi George,

Fulham Season Ticket holder here (Hammersmith H5) and native New Yorker! Anywho, bring your coffee to Nevadas, shouldn't be a problem at all (never was) and I'm sure the boys will take care of you.

Enjoy and I'll have 10 of my fellow yanks at Craven Cottage with me for the Everton match. COYW's

8. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

Hi Mike. I'm H5 (W125) next to some cousins and mates although the rest of my family, all women including my two daughters have always been in the Johnny Haynes stand (no doubt to get away from me!). I look at all other Fulham websites all the time although don't really tend to post much but have seen your contributions etc. over the last couple of years or so. Anyway, well done for getting this together. It really adds another dimension I wouldn't have ever imagined after so many lower division bleak yeats against the likes of Hartlepool, Doncaster etc.! Enjoy the match at CC and give an extra cheer from us!

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: New York bar for Everton home match on March 16th

Fantastic. I'm H5 BB 132 so not too far from you. The Mrs. comes to half the home games and can also be found in H5 and the in-laws are split between Riverside and JH.

Hope you enjoy the trip to NY. Give the NYC locals my best...sounds crazy but I miss my early morning Fulham matches in Nevadas.

10. GeorgeB

GeorgeB New Member

RE: Re: RE: New York bar for Everton home match on March 16t

Thanks for the good wishes. Funnily enough I don't thnk I ever sit in 125 as we've got several seats in a row and we all ended up sitting where we wanted. I certainly hope you and your relatives will enjoy the match at Craven Cottage. Apart from the Villa match which was special, not much to enjoy this season at home. We even went to Middlesborugh after that in hope but it was a long drive back down south. It will be an interesting experience at Nevada's which will be made wonderful if we win. In fact we may then have to come back to NY for every other match this season, just to be on the safe side! I'll say hello to the locals for you. George FTID