New here

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Jensers, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I actually found the Wynalda interview AFTER I found the site - if you can believe that - considering the current goings around here.

Good interview. I would think that most true soccer fans and players can agree with much of what he has to say.

But anyway - I am a teacher and I coach the highschool boys and girls teams. I am in rural central washington, and my teams are made up of a good number of mexican players. We have a great time and go back and forth about Mexican league and the MLS - also the USA v Mexico rivalry.

I have a large picture of Donavon beating Oswaldo up on my door to keep that moment fresh in the minds of my students! :lol:

I played some D2 soccer, and currently play in the local Mexican league - next year I hope to join the Over-30 ranks.

Married with a pair of kids. I am like to hunt birds, flyfish, build old cars/trucks, surf, and generally fill whatever time is left playing/coaching soccer and futsal.

I have been following the EPL for some time and have decided that it was time to support a team. Tottenham and Fulham are the picks - tho I know there is a bit of a rivalry there. Tottenham has a strong history, and Fulham seems to believe in the American player. Plus Brian McBride is the man. One of the high-points in an otherwise uninspiring performance from the US at the WC.

Glad to be here.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Jensers, where abouts in Central Washingon are you from?? My dad was from Yakima and I spent a lot of time visiting and playing golf w/my grandfather in the summers up there. Enjoyed the part about the US v Mexico. Living down in the LA area w/many Mexican friends nothing is better than mentioning to them that the tri-color hasn't won on US soil in 7+ years.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Welcome.

We have a pick-up league messageboard topic around here somewhere. Feel free to keep us updated on your escapades in the over-30 Mexican League.

Also, feel free to start brainwashing your students about the uniquely fantastic futbol club, that is, Fulham Football Club. We have to open their eyes early!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah.. and beg borrow or steal a blowup of gooch's famous stare-down, to further aggravate your kids.

Or is that going a tad too far?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Welcome indeed! I was pleased to read your post -- though having spent some time in Central Washington, I'm a little confused about how you feed your surfing jones.

You've hit on the best site, pard! Hang around and read and post!

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I went to college in Hawaii. I actually drive to the coast here in Washington and get some surfing in at Westport. They have a great little surf community there.

I am going to get myself a Fulham jersey and I will start wearing it around. That should make an impression. Jersies are a huge deal around here with the players. My current Mexican league team are using the white bayern munich and also the long sleve brasil jersey. There are 20-30 something teams in the league and not a one is wearing an MLS jersey - what a shame...

Over 30 will have to start for me next summer. This league is an all age league - one of the things I love about mexican league. No matter how old or how young - if you can play, you are welcome. You have fathers and sons on the same pitch in a very competitive atmosphere where the entire family is there to support and participate. Also - the teams are community based. The current Premier and select system in this country totally fails in this respect, and excludes talent due to the econimic and family requirements. It is a broken system that is keeping soccer down in this country - but once again, a topic for another thread.

I am near Moses Lake - right in the center of the state.

No kidding - that would be great - I could stick it in the corner of my classroom and the kids would love it.

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully things can go well over these last few matches for fulham.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There's a copy of the photo attached to a post in the thread for the last USA-Mexico match. Check it out and, if you're more clever than me [and everyone on the site except for Pettyfog is], you should be able to download it and print out thousands of copies.

Thanks for the match report also. If you're a [very] early riser, check out the chatroom during Saturday's match. Look forward to "meeting" you there.