New audio/visual content provider for Fulham?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Noticed in the live commentary address provided by Fulham recently contained the name Akamai. Went over to Akamai's website and found this:

http://www.akamai.com/smoothhd

If Fulham are in on this action and partnering with Akamai, then we're in for a real quality service for match highlights and live commentary. That would
    put us on the cutting edge right up there with the clubs here in the U.S.

Just glad it appears Fulham have decided to ditch the PTV crap.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

HDL, I agree. I just wish they'd made that decision BEFORE I re-upped my subscription. :twisted:

By the way, welcome back. You've been scarce around here lately.

3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

A good friend of my wife and I has worked for Akamai for a number of years. Quite a few TV networks and major companies use Akamai for their internet applications so that should speak highly of what they do. You could say alot of what they do makes up the backbone of the internet. On an aside one of their founders was killed in the 9-11 attacks, he was on one of the planes that left Boston and crashed into the World Trade Center towers.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I dunno, I tried for the entire forst half to get a GJ feed and couldn't get it...

5. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Had to break away for a bit to handle issues related the sale of my old home in Little Rock (Got it done thank goodness. Tough market.).

Fulham have a habit of switching content providers during the season. I just hope this relationship lasts a bit longer and gives Fulham a high end service that doesn't look slapped together from borrowed pieces of other sites.

SteveM19: Strange that happened to you. I have a Mac. That sort of thing usually happens to me when I'm trying to access the commentary.