NanoCulture: DNA Forklifts, DNA Pliers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 12, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago, I pointed out an upcoming 10X improvement in batteries, LiSi nano packs.. {bet they end up called SiLi, though}.
    - Since then I've thought about it and I think that the tech will mean not only 10X the power but also 10X the lifetime... they can be made self-healing.

Now we find that NanoTech has got to the point where structures can be not just 'grown' as above but built and moved, molecule by molecule. Fascinating!

[​IMG]

LINK

- - - - - -- - - - -- - - -
    Speaking of healing, the same author addresses the failure of an HDL enhancing drug in advanced testing... too many subjects kicking the bucket. Glad I didnt volunteer for it, problem seemed to be with those who also had Type II diabetes.
    If you want to know why higher HDL is a good thing, though, it's worth reading.

And
    I suggest sending in the NanoDocs to cure the Diabetes problem, first.

2. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Nano technology looks promising but who knows what the ramifications of utilizing this technology may be .

3. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: NanoCulture: DNA Forklifts, DNA Pliers

That's why Congress needs to ACT NOW to pass the THREE LAWS:

1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflic with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence so long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Along with a Draconian rider that any use to provide 'SuperHuman' capabilities results in the subject being shot on sight.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thank you, Dr. Azimov! 8)

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The medical applications for nanotechnology will certainly recieve rigorous scrutiny regarding their safety. The FDA is the strickest in the world when it comes to this as evidenced by the fact that US researchers always go to Europe and S. America to try their new medical procedures/drugs on humans for the first time.

The problem is with things like nonprescriptives, vitamins & cosmetics. They are the source of a lot of the unregulated nanotech that may pose a risk to humans.