Mystery midfielder?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Sep 28, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Given that Diarra is only out 4 weeks - are either of these folks necessary? I think not.
    :snooty:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I dislike Ballack intensely. I really don't want him at the Cottage.

4. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

I would certainly dislike Ballack less if he came, but I don't believe that one. He would still have something to offer - despite the recent layoff (unlike Reo-Coker, who is pure garbage).
    Hitzlsperger was training with an English club recently, no? That seems more likely.

Maybe we're getting Kaka? C'mon over, Ricky!

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Given our luck with early season injuries almost every year? I think so, don't mind seeing anybody with some talent come in.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/septe ... nsfer-clue?

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

8. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Unless Jol plans on actually playing Digger, which I don't believe he does, I would disagree that we don't need another player for cover at either CM or in central defense. Jol counts on Baird as cover for the defensive line and emergency cover as a CM which is fair enough because he is more than capable but if Baird is injured Jol's choices to field a team are wet tissue thin. Diarra being out four weeks may mean four for the injury and two more for fitness/match sharpness and trying to field an eleven has got to be sending Jol to the antacid bottle. Assuming that Baird did pick up a knock in the match on the Saturday then the defensive line starters are easy enough if you don't have to shift Riether to midfield but the subs bench for cover is essentially Kelly and Briggs at the moment. Since I don't know otherwise at the moment I am going to look at the roster as if both Baird and Senderos are injured and here is who is available.

Defense
    Riether, Hughes, Hangeland and Riise start.
    Briggs and Kelly are available.
    Baird and Senderos injured with Baird being unavailable here even if healthy due to playing as a mid.

Central Midfield
    Sidwell and Karagounis start and I don't believe Karagounis can go remotely close to 90.
    Simon Davies is available but to be honest I never expect to see him take the pitch for Fulham again except in dire circumstances and that is not a dig at a Fulham stalwart.
    Diarra, Richardson and Baird are injured and I think Richardson is a reclamation project as CM.

Wings
    Two of either Duff, Kaca or Hugo start.
    Kasami is available and Dejagah seems close to available and Ruiz could be considered emergency cover.
    Richardson and Frei are injured. I am not sure about Richardson's status to be honest.

Forwards/Attacking Mids
    Petric, Hugo and Ruiz to select from for starters.
    Trotta is available (or did he go on loan?)
    Berbatov is injured.

We were thin before the window closed at center mid and if Diarra is not back until November or later and Jol is still out there looking it means we are still thin. I am concerned he has possible seen something he does not like in practice that makes him think we need help and it cannot wait until January. That of course is full blown speculation but if Jol is looking now instead of waiting for the January transfer window then I trust he has a good reason to be looking or a good player lined up.

9. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Available and Jol has said he will not go out.

10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... rVXQ404.99

12. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/octob ... et-mickael?