Mr. Khan Google Plus hangout

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:clap: When did the club approach you (us) to take part? You'll do great Heather, just have some questions prepped so when the 'red light' comes on you don't do a Cindy :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swxevX57Gs

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lol, I'll be sure not to stare at the red light. Got approached a couple of days ago and already have the questions all lined up, so that's one less thing to worry about.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

bump...this should be happening in approximately 45 minutes.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Im watching! Smile Heather :)

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

7. SoCalJoe

Couldn't find it on the offal, how did it go?

8. Clevelandmo

You did great. His answers were a little lame but somewhat understandable given the British tabloids' ability to take one comment and turn it into a story.

Wish he had given more thought to a tour in the USA. Seems strange to come over for one game

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

ugh. I wish I could have done some things different, but I guess it wasn't too bad...although I am getting some flak. :lol: http://www.voy.com/13865/

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

A link is up now on the official site. Seems the camera work cuts in and out in a weird manner. http://www.fulhamfc.com/hangout/shahid-khan because it did cut off my initial reaction to Khan's answer to the preseason tour.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thank you for representing, DCH, nice job.

COYW

12. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

You did good Heather. I'd ignore the flak, looks like the usual ill-informed tripe you get on the net. Although someone did say you were fit, so perhaps run with that.

Was that your little girl I heard on your last segment (24:46 roughly)?

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Probably, you could hear her really well in the beginning. Got giggles from Khan and Sarah on that, but I think that was cut out-- it was at the very start. They said something about some sound effects and that was her in her bouncy chair having fun. Maybe it was just before we went "live?" Don't remember.

The flak doesn't bother me and I did notice the fit comment. And I really wish I could make my way over there more often. I'd go to every home game like Khan if I had his money. :grin:

And I was expecting to get some flak after I noticed who were my fellow questioners. From the initial emails, I thought there was going to be a representation of supporter clubs from around the world, so thats why I chose to take part (had to make sure we got some representation if this was going down, plus how many times do you get to "talk" to the Fulham owner?) Just wish I knew that we were going to have more time than we were initially told and that some people did get to ask some follow-up questions.

14. SoCalJoe

Good job Heather, had to be a little surreal having Khan ask you a question.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

just a tad. I was mostly just way too nervous about public speaking though, at least I was coherent enough for Khan to respond. :lol:

16. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

You did great! Trust me, I've been in local TV news for 34 years, and you did great. The talkback thing with the internet is quite tricky, due to the lag time in the transmission. It's why we don't do it too much, although we're doing more and more all the time. Skype looks really bad to me on over the air TV, but for purely internet purposes, it's fine. The quality looked pretty good on the playback, and you were excellent. He didn't really answer the tour question, though, which is a little disappointing. I'm gonna hold out some hope that they expand it before next summer. Hopefully they'll do it again in about six months or so. I think it would be good to do something like twice a year or so. I really enjoyed it, and you, my dear, looked MAH-VUH-LOUS! I hope you get another crack at it. You be representin'!

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Jump and everybody.

He seemed to consider Russ' suggestion of a Fenway match, so let's hope the powers that be do think about more stops in the US. We've all been calling on Fulham to tap in to the support for the team in US for some time, especially when there where a bunch of yanks in the squad.

One thing that I have been thinking about since the hangout is his answer to the differences between the NFL and BPL. Where he talked about how he wouldn't be able to do with Fulham in the BPL compared to Jacksonville in the NFL. Most of us know the reason why to this as US sports fans on this site, but I wonder which model he prefers? Would that answer be clear cut? At first glance, I would say he would prefer the NFL model since there's a safety net, salary cap, and there's always the off chance of a Super Bowl run. However, as a competitor would he always be so fond of the restrictions that come along with that? Is it possible he might prefer a "eat what you kill" model?

18. Clevelandmo

When you asked that question, I kind of thought you were asking that, but I was probably jumping ahead.

Based on what you've posted I'm unsure if I actually saw it live. Did you make a suggestion for a friendly match locale?

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I didn't, but Russ did. I asked him as an owner what did he notice as the similarities and differences in the operations of each team. I was going to suggest a locale to the tour question but got slightly cut off and didn't want to press it since I was told beforehand that there wouldn't be much time. I really wanted to make sure everybody got an opportunity to ask their questions by moving on quickly.