Missing Man U fixture

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RiverOtis, Dec 1, 2008.

1. RiverOtis

RiverOtis New Member

Looking at the table, both Fulham and Manchester United have a game in hand, but when I check out the schedule on Fulham's web site (http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/FixturesList.aspx) there is only one game aganist Man U listed (March 21 at home) and only 37 Premier League games total. Was an earlier fixture at Old Trafford scratched for some reason, or have they not set a date for that game?

2. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

The earlier Man U game got canceled because of Man U's busy early season schedule. No makeup date had been announced to my knowledge.

3. RiverOtis

RiverOtis New Member

Thanks for the clarification. It's been encouraging lately to check out our position in the table with the knowledge that we have a game in hand, but a little less so that that game is at Old Trafford. Of course, after taking a point at Liverpool last week, who knows...

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I actually thought I read somewhere that the date has been unoffically set for after the season is over in June, I think is said after the UEFA Cup is over. It said it is subject to change if ManU gets an open date due to being knocked out of another competition or if the sched permits. Of course after I read it I could not find it again.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That could be because I posted it here about a week into the season. I haven't seen anything since, so I'm assuming that it'll be in June unless we share an open cup date.

6. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Don,
    I thought it I read it here but when I kept thinking back to where I read it, this place was too obvious so I had figured I had read it somewhere else. That's what I get for overthinking it :oops: I also can't believe my memory is that good.