Military Futures: Next Admin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jul 1, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

A good {IMO} analysis of where the prospective next admins might allocate Defense appropriations here:
    Weapons Stratego
    Which major systems will survive the coming downturn?

Summary: According to the writer, whoever wins will apparently {probably?} continue latter day Bush changes under SecDef Gates to increase ground force manpower, reduce glamor systems like fighter jets, and concentrate more on counterinsurgency, mobility and logistics.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

all of which is sound thinking. Now if we could just junk SDI, we'd really be on to smarter defense strategy.

3. pettyfog

Justify that.. other than it's the leftist party line.

or as Obama sez.. 'Unproven'. Which is about as big a lie as there is.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

see intercept test #43

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Does counterinsurgency fall under "CIA bullshit"? You know the shit that has the US in the mess to begin with?

6. pettyfog

Troll Alert.

As usual, 24 has no idea what we're talking about and hasnt read the link.

Just so you know, Troll... I pretty much agree with you on the CIA. But that's not even close to Subject.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't really care what the link states. I disagree with all forms of military strategy. I'm certainly not gonna go by what the "armed forces journal" says anyways.

8. pettyfog

Then why did you comment on it? If you notice, it was not my opinion, it is not my view on what SHOULD be done, it was an article by an expert on what is likely to happen. The sort of thing that will not be in the media, but a 'behind the scenes look at where things are likely to proceed from this point onward.

I dont give a fuck what YOU think, because we settled your bona fides and judgement on the 'How you came to your politics thread'.
    We get it... you're an anarcho-marxist whatever the hell that is. Nearest I can come to understanding your view is 'Do your own thing'.

If you're going to snark, put some meat behind it, no matter how ridiculous I think it is. All YOU've done here, is say "LOOK AT ME!!!!"

Keep it up, you MAY be the first person ever barred/comment-deleted from commenting on specific forums. Meaning any drive-by shots you fire on a political thread goes into the virtual shit can. Do I make myself clear?

This is NOT THE FUCKING OFFAL! And you are no 'Red Bob' {who I always respected}, you're more like 'Bumpy'

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

now now, temper temper. Calm down; don't have a tizwuz.

BUT I AGREE WITH YOU.

Here's the thing, 24; I care absolutely nothing about hockey, I've never played a video game in my life, and I think that fantasy sports leagues are fine if you're about 12 and it's summer vacation. So, whenever a thread appears about hockey, video games, or fantasy sports leagues -- not only do I not post in them, I DON'T READ THEM.

July 4 is tomorrow; there's an 99% chance of a patriotic post coming from South Texas. Now, I know your feelings about flags, patriotism, and armies. But, should you check out the site tomorrow, do me -- and others -- a favor, and don't crap all over us.

Thanks.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that one of the comments fired on this thread were directed at me.

So, I said this once, and I will reiterate:

Congratulations on having your cute little opinion. However, you are incorrect when you assume that it is significant enough for me to engage you in the pissing contest you apparently desire.

That is all.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Steve, dont take 24 for more than he is. . . an ingrate who cannot connect the dots.

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I agree. Do not engage him, or ban him, just ignore him. He may get the point after awhile.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I fail to see where this is any worse than when Don purposely winds up others on this forum?

Also, this wasn't a trolling post. I thought that they were gonna use the CIA and I was asking a serious question.

And why can't a person critically question patriotism or anything like that? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to comment on it. Geez, you guys are worse than that mod on the myspace USP forums.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

And another thing, this has nothing to do with "look at me". I have serious questions about everything that you guys believe in. You just take that I just want attention because my posts are totally different than what you guys believe in and you get pissed off because I don't value my country or whatever.

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

24, I dont mind if you critically question our patriotism or beliefs. Thats great, it's good to have your views challenged. However, to do it critically you might want to demonstrate some understanding and ability to relate to the other persons view. You throw out inflammatory statements and then expect others to intelligently respond to your views.

I was just backing up Steve because he deserves it. Also, I'm sure he has talked to enough other people who think the way you do and has decided to tell you it's not worth his time.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Like I stated in the other thread, I do understand your lots views and have a history of my family being in the army and being lifelong patriotic members of this society. My grandfather landed on Normandy. To suggest that I don't have an understanding is completely laughable.