Middlesbrough v FFC [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DawgTheDon, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Most of you were probably aware of this already, but figured I would post this info anyways.

Fulham-Boro is on FSC on Saturday but delayed. Broadcast time is 4:30 pm. I'll be searching for a stream while listening to GJ's call.

{edited by pf}

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

How's everyone feel about three road victories in a row? We haven't done it since ... uh ... last May!

Ag, I've got an early evening gig on Saturday, so no pub again! Sorry.

3. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Villa is hosting West Ham Saturday. If we can win at Boro & get some help from Villa, we could enter the Stoke match in 7th.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Come on guys! Skorts? DTV mini-cams? Tepid Tea Parties? Is this a Fulham site or what? We have an away match on Saturday, and we've won two away matches in a row. We could move up to 7th this weekend. [Dizzy ... I'm so dizzy, my head is spinnin' / like a whirlpool, it never ends]

So, let's do lineups and predictions. I'm sure we'll see the usual batch, but here's what I'd like to see:

---------------------- Da Big Aussie -----------------------
    St. John ----- Aron ---- Hangerland --- The Alien
    Barnes ------ Dempsey ------ Etuhu ------- Gray
    ------------ Hoeson ----- Bobby Z -------------------

Homecoming for Schwarzer. 'boro won last weekend, but tried to give the game away on several occasions. I think we'll let them give it away this time.

Boro 1 Fulham 3 [Zamora hat-trick]

If I'm not mistaken, our best ever is 8th place and 52 points. I want 7th and 53. It's clobberin' time!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

No to Gray, he is eyeing the exits apparently.

6. Bradical

Bradical Member

Actually 9th place w/ 52 in 2003-4. I think we can surpass both... playing w/ the house's money is fun!

Boro is so poor right now, this should be 3 pts. The UK oddsmakers are currently favoring Boro, but the Whites have been a nightmare for the bookies this year. It would be so Fulhamish to drop this one, but I see a win.

Boro 0
    Fulham 2 (Zamora 62', Kamara 84')

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

0-2 (Dempsey 21', AJ 49')
    I normally hate making predictions as they seem to always go against me, but we are flying high from City. Should be a good win and a kick to the ole bottom of Boro. Come on you Whites!

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i cant find the last time fulham won at the riverside (i want to say the 1960s?), but it hasn't been since we've been in the topflight.

rut ro!

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

To reference what has also been said, Boro only scored three v. Hull because Hull has totally forgotten how to play the game -- crap, did we really lose to them twice? -- and Boro can't score a goal against an average defense. Our defense is substantially better than average, and lately our offense has been pretty good too. I'm not scoared of Boro between the sticks, in the back line, the midfield, or up front.

Fulham keeps the momentum away from home, no score prediction.

BTW, what's the latest on Barnes?

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Here is what does scare me about Boro:

Fulham - home
    Arsenal - away
    Man United - home
    Newcastle - away
    Aston Villa - home
    West Ham - away

Looking at the final six matches this Saturday has got to be a must win match in Boro's mind. I think Southgate will throw a very offensive line up against us just like he did Hull. I think coming off the win over Hull the Boro squad will come out and fight and scrap for every loose ball just like Fulham did last season. If Boro does not win on Saturday they could potentially be adrift by the time they get to the Newcastle match. This match is more vital to Boro than it is to Fulham and because of that I do not think this shapes up to be an easy match at all.

In my heart I want to believe we will get an early goal and the game will open up which I think favors our passing game. However, because of the desperation factor I think Boro will turn this into a scrappy win at all costs type of match. Despite what I think I am letting my heart overrule my head and predicting a 2-0 wide open match in favor of the Whites!

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I am seeing 1983-84 in the old second division:

http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team ... am1id=1055

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

good catch! still proves my point, though...

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That was our third consecutive away win against them, however.

Oh, and the last time we had beaten Man United at home was my senior year in high school -- AND I'M 62!

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

62 going on 21, right donny? :banana:

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Barnes played in the reserves this week and scored two, Nevland scored the other goal. I doubt he plays this week.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... Stoke.aspx

I am terrible at score predictions but you can ask me how many will be in attendance at the game. Right Don? :)

Fulham 2 - Boro 0

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Lawro, again, pegs FFC to lose 2-1...as he did last week and that seemed to work out fairly nifty:

"Last week's victory over Hull was a big result for Middlesbrough after what was their lowest ebb following the 4-1 defeat at Bolton.

Fulham have produced some good results of late themselves but I feel the tide may have turned now for 'Boro, who will draw on the home support at the Riverside.

Verdict: 2-1"

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

After the good performances we have been putting up recently this match has Fulhamish written all over it. I can't bring myself to make a prediction. I'll be watching with my hands covering my face

18. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I had originally pegged this as our first road win but given our recent run of results, I'm with the others that fear a Fulhamish performance this w/e.

Don, what's w/ the lineup? Do we have injuries I haven't kept up with or do you think Roy will give some PT now that we're "safe"?

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There are no injuries -- although Gera and Stoor are a bit nobbled. That lineup is what I'd like to see; I think I also said that we'd probably see the same 11.

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Interesting game. If the Teesiders bring their A game I think Fulham will lose because they will want it more. Fulham can win this game though and do it comfortably I think. Boro's defense is slack.