Michelle: Barry near boiling point

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 5, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Interesting that this is in the Telegraph.

Unlike some US papers, they seem to know how to set up an ongoing series.

Because if he's boiling now, he cant handle Critical Mass. {mixed metaphor that it is}
    Things he has to handle in the GE, if not before the 'brokering':

Bill Ayers - despite the shrugoff saying he only knows him and that was decades old news, anyway, neither is true. They had very close community activist ties and Bill Ayers is totally unapologetic and basically on record asholding the same views he did then. That he's ''working within the system now' aint gonna help.

'Came from Modest Childhood' - I almost choked when some Dem wonk said that. We should ALL come from that sort of background. NONE of the candidates 'came from a modest background'.
    While it means little compared to McCain, I'd say Hillary's was the winner in 'modest', overall.

'Was a Muslim' - Nominally True. As a child in Indonesia, he registered in catholic school as muslim because his stepfather was. Some insist he took instruction because it was mandatory by law. Some of his childhood friends will say he at least played at it well.

Teamsters - now there's scuttlebutt about a dealhe has made, in exchange for endorsement, with the union to end the federal oversight program. Leopard/Spots.

Something tells me that there wont be any 'association' that a conservative might identify with, and we know that any candidate is going to have his world views shaped by their associations.

- - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

On Hillary's campaign, we all know it's all over but the shouting -literally.

But the theatre is fascinating. While it's pretty plain {to me, at least} that she has run much better in the last few months - she's even almost LIKEABLE, the fact remains that, when it comes down to it, neither wins outright and the prize will go to the 'newer, more different, contestant.

California superdelegates' wavering bodes ill for Hillary Clinton

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Fog when are you going to stop posting this misleading tripe? The article itself is fine but the title, repeated by you is lame exploitation. "Near the boiling point". The conjures up images of Obama throwing chairs out windows but lets have a look at Mrs. Obama's quotes on which the article is based on shall we;

There you have it three quotes, nothing about eminent explosions. Perhaps "Wright Debacle, Image Blows Frustrate Obama" would have been an appropriate title but appropriate doesn’t draw eyeballs I suppose.

Care to back that up with something or are we just hoping it sticks. Single mother who one of your previous sources cited as a long term student and worked for "International Organizations". They pay well do they? Lived with grandparents for extended periods of time, Grandmother who worked her way up at a bank was the primary wage earner. Obama himself got scholarship to top private school and later paid his way through college. That’s what I've seen if you've got something new you should contribute it.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The speech on which it's based:
    Michelle Obama's North Carolina stump speech.

'the moving bar'

'A set of common values'

' characterized by things that have nothing to do with who he is'

'dont let other people shape him'

'measure the character by what they do when no one is watching'
    - And who they associate with?

'Barack got to live in the world others do not'

But for a few phrases here and there she could be the wife of some conservative candidate.

This certainly is not going to convince you... but it depresses me, because the IMPLIED solutions remind me of Jimmy Carter. Whose speeches ALSO were addressing the issues.

In fact I recently went back and listened to the famous 'Malaise' speech and I thought to myself, "Hey.. that wasnt all that bad". Then I listened to it again.

So once, again... we're going to have a "Jimmy Carter" running against a "Gerald Ford"

My point is that you NEVER know how the office will shape the Man.. the man does not shape the office, but the office reflects him.

I just dont know if we can afford the chance.

"We can't do the same thing with the same players and expect a different outcome"

YET he picks Z Brzinski? {sp}