Membership Drive 2016

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Coach K, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'll be in again - can't speak to the other supporters' clubs status

COYW

Coach K likes this.
  3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Did the supporter's club get anything last season? I didn't see anything raffled off on the site.

4. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

I went back and took a look at the thread where there was some discussion about this, I personally didn't buy my membership last year, but it seemed to be up in the air.

Fulham USA is listed as having Chris Tibbles as the Secretary? Chris, you still around?

I'm going to email the heads of the other three groups and see whats up with them.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

@Coach K, Chris has not been the the Secretary since a the 2013-14 season. I was the secretary for the 14-15 season and @SoCalJoe was the secretary for last season. That webpage has not been updated for a few seasons, which I think perfectly demonstrates the Membership club operation the past few seasons. I didn't buy a membership last season because of this and, personally, I don't think it's worth the money anymore. It used to be pretty cool and fun.

6. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Well, shit, I got nothing but time these days, especially with the full extent of summer heat upon us here in Nola. I would be interested in being the secretary for this season and working to make sure we get to that 40 member level and then raffling off the 5 shirts from the Club. Any ideas, advice, concerns?

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That's the the thing, it's not the club secretary's fault. It has been the club that has been slow in delivering prizes and sometimes didn't completely deliver until I contacted them.

8. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Just a quick update on Membership, apparently this issue is going up the ladder thanks to the Fulham Texas supporters club and were on hold to see what their advice will be regarding a larger, fully recognized (sic. signed jerseys included) International Supporters Club.

9. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Thanks for following up Coach. I would join again.

10. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that the club didn't fulfill their responsibilities. I saw the official page is out of date and looks, a bit unkempt, too, but I just cant let it go. I hope we get some positive feedback/News from Fulham Texas, including a promise to deliver on the benefits of becoming a supporters groups ie. jerseys, footballs, media, etc.
    But more importantly, I'm eyeing those two meetings with a club representative. I expect the club to take US supporters (and markets) seriously, I hope this membership group will give us a chance to voice our opinions about the direction this thing is going, because honestly, as we slipped down the table last season, I had to ask myself: Am I really going to spend all this time and energy, on a team I wont even see play once this season? Thank Gods we stayed up and things are looking better, but realistically without being a member of the club, no one gives a shit. Maybe, even just one member isn't enough, but 40, 80, 100?
    I've had a great experience connecting with other FFC supporters on FulhamUSA.com and thanks for your efforts in creating and administering that experience.

Sincerely,
    Coach K

11. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

ALLLLLrighty, I went ahead and bought my grey and black training top from Fulham Direct, hoping against hope it makes it from London down the bayou in time to watch on Friday Afternoon at the world famous Finn McCools. Anyone wanna join?

I haven't heard much back about Membership, but I'm going to just ask you to add a +1, to this thread if you're interested.

(dtdowndough and Nevzter, Im counting y'all to make it 3)

SoCalJoe and encorespanish like this.
  12. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I'm in for this year again. Gotta keep the hope. Gotta say though, I'm pretty excited for Friday's match

SoCalJoe likes this.
  13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sorry ladies and gentleman, have been swamped working on a new project, but my 'offseason' is over. First off, I take total fault for dropping the ball and not getting anything raffled off. Not going to point a finger at anyone besides myself. My goal is simple and that's to make sure that I keep following up and reporting back and have a raffle this year (that includes every member from last season). Bottom-line as the Fusa Secretary I deserve to be relegated, sorry y'all.

14. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

I'm in again this year, do I need to send someone my membership number?

15. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Is there an official status update?

16. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Fulham Friends,

So, I've found about 10 fans to meet the minimum number to apply. Would you like this small group to be under the name of FulhamUSA or should we pick something else for this season? Again, I think its very important to build on the work and energy of the members of this group, so I'm all for Fulham USA, but if there are objections, I understand.
    I've downloaded the application and will send it in on Friday of this week. That's August 12th.

To help me keep track, please email me at Eric.FCBarceNola@gmail.com and I will add your info to a spreadsheet. Please include your name, state, city or region as you prefer to identify and maybe if you were a member before or new member.

Right now the club only requires the # of members, no individual membership numbers or payment info, etc...so I would get back to the group after I hear from the club's Enquiries Department.

Please, speak up now if you have any suggestions or ideas for restoring an active "Fulham USA" International Members Club.

Thank you,
    Coach K