Media Bias Mask slips...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 20, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Reporter asks Va Senate candidate George Allen about his grandparents' jewish heritage.. not in an interview, but during a DEBATE!

Milbank - WaPo

I assume you liberal apologists know the difference in whether or not a question is a proper one, and when...

If you need prodding, it would be perfectly acceptable in an interview.

In a debate, it wouldnt and isnt ... as the opponent would be expected to have some contributory view on the subject.

Or is this 'just another Right Wing RANT'?

:banana:

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Of course it's another right wing rant. That's what you do. That's why we love you!

Now, about the question ... I don't know what the point of the question might be, but I don't think it's a usual liberal tactic to link a politician to a "minority religion" [as you like to put it] in order to smear him. Perhaps she was trying to find out if they were related, or -- more to the point -- perhaps she's an airhead TV personality who dosn't know jack.

Was the question improper during a debate? Yes, it was. I don't think it rises to the level of "Governor Dukakis, what would you do if your wife and daughter were raped and murdered?" but it's pretty improper.

But, then that's what's expected when liberal politicians and liberal focus groups keep bringing religion and faith into the political arena. When will the liberals realize that faith and religion are personal areas which do not belong in political discourse?

Darn those liberals for their religious agenda -- trying to politicize school prayer, abortion, and proposing faith-based ... oops, wait a minute ... perhaps I have that a little backwards. :oops:

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

But then... George Allen hasnt pardoned a habitual rapist, has he... yet?

On separation:
    You're talking to one who concurs with the 'liberal Southern Baptist' take, don.

Not the conservative one... and CERTAINLY not the ACLU version... perhaps you'd like to 'snark' them!

Perhaps you would post a view in line with some other liberal apologists of late:

Quit beating on the right to not pray in school and realize you are about to be MADE to... on a prayer rug!