McCan Dumps Hagee

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, May 23, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I cant post EVERYTHING!

And we already talked about this on another thread. Hagee skirts a fine line, his views are traditional, though expressed in a fiery manner. I happen to agree with him on the basic points of the Roman Church and I've said the same. But he isnt anti-catholic, he's anti-papist as history of the Roman church denotes
    As to his defacto view that God had Hitler {and Stalin} persecute the Jews so they would come home, I cant dispute that. But it was prophesied often enough wasnt it? He wasnt praising Hitler fucrineoutloud!

As to Parsley, I ALSO believe his premise. If you believe in Christianity you have to... otherwise you're a Unitarian or something else non-descript.*

But the bottom line is this is a question of separation of Church and State. You're either a religious or you arent. If you are, you are tax exempt and have no business endorsing any political candidate.

And IIRC that's the way it used to be; am I wrong or didnt we argue this way back when JFK was running? Didnt Cardinal Spellman get in the fray on one side or the other?

*For those of you unfamiliar, the Unitarian creed is sorta vanilla, they dont profess the Trinity and, as I recall, the symbol of the church is something like 'the light of god in all of us.' More orthodox Christians believe that too, calling it 'The Holy Spirit' or, as translated to King James version, 'The Holy Ghost'. I assume for Unitarians, it's 'The holy Casper'
    -heh