McCain at CPAC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I have to say that McCain was brilliant in his speech.. IF he hadnt been running for something. He addressed every conservative grievance in his history.. including touching, but just touching, on McCain/Feingold.

He SPECIFICALLY said he would secure the borders.. he didnt go further than that, but I suspect most are like me, they dont care too much what happens AFTER.

He was introduced by the anti-pork crusader Sen Tom Coburn and the endorsement was ringing. Like I say though, the jury will still be out.

If that speech were at his inauguration, conservatives would be standing on their chairs cheering. But it was to get votes... and to shut Rush up.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This conference was nothing, but a show to put fear in the minds of people. I really hope the American people do not buy this rubbish. I hate both parties, but the last thing I want is for a hot-headed republican in office. I fear what happens if even a single person were killed by a so called terrorist. The best thing the Conservatives do is put fear in the American people. The old "If you don't vote for us there will be lots of attacks on our soil" shit needs to stop.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The threat is REAL. Awareness is neither spreading hate or fear. But ignorance and denial will only make things worse.

I've been saying this since I've been on here. It's those who claim 'it's nothing' who will be most enraged when it does happen and strike back without thinking.

It's sort of hard to keep it out of the campaign, it would be nice if you could... but it would have to be obvious that all candidates had the same view on security.