"McBride's"

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jun 16, 2009.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, I posted a comment on the article, but I wanted to add here that I'm hoping that we'll see photos of the place. It seems to me a good place for FUSA travelers to meet and "lounge."

Great stuff.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

great to hear of the recognition for McBride. thanks for the story.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Wonderful news. Brings a tear to my eye that the club would name the place after our good old American forward - the guy that turned me into a soccer fan. I love Fulham.

Like Don, I would welcome any pictures of the place (preferrably filled with Fulham fans).

I also think it woud be nice if FUSA had some sort of presence there since many of us will not be able to have a pint at McBrides any time soon and since we use to sponsor him. Any ideas? Does the place need anything that we could donate?

5. Clevelandmo

What do you think of this? Maybe FUSA could raise money for an extra tap for a good Chicagoland micro brew. It could have a little donated by FUSA engraved plate on it.

6. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Classy Name. Classy Guy.
    Classy Club. And now, a Classy Sports Pub.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's really cool for them to do that.. seeing McBride's such a well known elbow bender and party guy!

Whatever... I hope they fly him over to dedicate it.
    - Like, on the date of a Fire/Crew game..

Maybe Toyota Park should open a sister pub.

Maybe, after he retires, Crew should rename the hospitality tent 'McBride Pavilion'

And geez... read the $#@% thread on it at the Offal. I cringe at the understanding of those so-called 'footy fans' hooting because of his goals record..

How about if Maradona had played for Fulham in his prime, would they then applaud? Think about it..

8. americanmike

On a serious note, if you guys would like to put a list of ideas together, send them to me and I can speak to the appropriate people here.

Any ideas are welcome.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There need to be some large photos. I'd suggest [for a start]

1. One of his goal celebrations [maybe the "great f#@$ing pass" from Radz goal?]
    2. His corner back sack of Danny Murphy @ Pompey after THE GOAL.
    3. His applauding the fans from the stretcher after blowing out his knee against 'boro.
    4. Any of his power header goals.

There should also be framed jerseys from the USMNT, The Crew, and The Fire.

GUYS? Help the Godfather out with some suggestions!

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

His Brian been mugged shots. Incl the Feb 01 WCQ/Mexico, the DeRossi aftermath. Check with Crew, also, and Preston

Preston Jersey, {Everton? Testimony from Moyes?}

Only goal in WC 98, his goals in 02

Keys to Columbus {twice}

All the POY and POM for Fulham, maybe Preston {Thought he also got a POM at Everton?}
    News Clip when he signed for Fulham over Portsmouth. {As-if!}

Speaking of.. suggest AGAINST the SI photo of himself and Dina.

11. americanmike

I think we are covered off with Jersey's and stuff as Brian is donating a Fulham kit and USMNT Kit and we have plenty of photos on offer which will be blown up and used.

Anything different? Did Mo mention a Keg of a local brew? That would be cool...literally.

12. Clevelandmo

A friend from college owns a brewery in Houston. I know he keeps up on regional breweries so I will ask him if he has any contacts for Chicago area breweries. Maybe they would even name a brew after McBride and debut it at McBrides. I'll let you know.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If they do, it should be full-bodied, strong, and filled with character.

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Mo, are you talking about St. Arnold's?

I'd contact McBride directly on what brew he likes from Obamagrad.

Ask for one his blood stained kits.

Get someone to do some genealogy on him and put his family history up somewhere.

Do not red, white, and blue the bar. Keep Fulham and English. Americans want to experience Fulham and England.

Don't let the Anglo-centrists in Fulham fandom rubbish the bar and turn it a "that's only for the tourists" facility.

15. americanmike

It won't be Americanized so I wouldn't worry about that and the only Red, white and blue will be the USMNT jersey and the McBrides logo a bit.

Keep the ideas coming please.

16. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I think Mo has a great idea. A favorite local brew being kept on tap. I'm not sure of the costs associated with that, I'm sure it's relatively expensive.

What if there was a "signed" FulhamUSA banner? I'm not sure how to do this, but perhaps everyone submits their herbie hancock electronically and someone much smarter than I could put that together.

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member