Manure v. Leeds

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

:3d laughing: :3d laughing:
    :3d laughing: :3d laughing: :3d laughing:
    :3d laughing: :3d laughing: :3d laughing: :3d laughing:

2. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

WOW! I forgot it was on so early.

Just turned on FSC and they were talking about it on Super Sunday+ Did a web search and it's also being picked up on the news wires, the San Jose Mercury News had it.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Caught the last 35 minutes and was thinking how Ms. Maureen must be dancing.

I was afraid we were going to get past round 3 without a major upset ... and then ... .

5. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Big hugs and high fives to Mo! You're the first one I thought of when I saw the result!

L-E-E-D-S!

:banana:

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Watched it on DVR, and Mo, to parrot previous thoughts, I thought of you when the final whistle blew. Seeing the Leeds fans jump up and down in the stands was pretty cool.

I loved the goal, how would you like to have been beat by that slow roller.

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I watched the 5pm replay. It was an entertaining game and Leeds deserved the win - they played ManU off the pitch. It was a very Fulhamish performance, and I mean that in the recent, under-Roy sense. Good passing, high pressure.

My only disappointment was that Mike Grella didn't get on the pitch (young American who scored for them in the 2nd round).

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The whole family woke up early to watch the match and we were rewarded with very inspired play from Leeds. It was fun to watch, and Andy is right, they totally deserved the win. They ran ManU off the pitch. Wish that Grella would have played also, but Grayson made defensive substitutions and stuck with his starting strike pair. Beckford is fast and gave Brown loads of trouble. It must have been amazing for the thousands of Leeds fans that made the trip. I'm very happy for them. Leeds (the city) is similar to Cleveland in a lot of ways.

It's cool that so many of you thought of me when you saw the win, but I just want to be clear that I am a Fulham fan first. If Leeds can make it back into the premiership, it will just give me a great away fixture destination to watch the whites.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Everyone is allowed their picks of also-rans, Mo.

In the chat I made much of PNE.. someone asked about my interest in them {still}.

I explained it was because their MB fans accepted me and my input on what McBride could do for them on the pitch, without giving me a ration of crap, as so many Brits do Yanks. And believe me, after my experience with Friedel/Liverpool, I could tell the difference.

There was no more sorry excuse for Brit fans than I encountered on 'pools AOL Message Boards. Of course HALF that was the AOL factor.
    IMO, 'Pool fans were generally too effing stupid to get on the 'net any other way.

That said... because of the sorry excuse for a team Leeds fielded against the Crew in the nineties, I dont care if Leeds drops out of League play altogether... I can hold long grudges, too.
    heh

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to RAWK or LFCNY?

Oh, and good to see some surprise in the FA Cup.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

No, timmy... note that was 12 freakin years ago!

I long ago quit caring what ANY LFC fan thought about anything, except maybe their owners but I dont really care about them, either.

others I look at, sometimes:
    Villa {since O'Neil then Randy}
    Everton {since moyes}
    PNE.. {because of McBride and Moyes}
    That's about it.