Magath's apology

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, May 3, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -relegated?

my head is spinning. I said earlier I was ok with Magath being given a chance to help rebuild, but not now. What he says may be true, but he can not say something like this and have the confidence of the team.

We need a hero.

2. tim

tim Active Member

He apologizes, but then spends the entire rest of his statements calling out the players? Seriously? There's obviously plenty of blame to spread around here, but he seems to be deflecting it entirely. Sorry, Felix, but you had something to do with this, too.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Exactly Tim. Maybe there were some quotes left out? To put it pretty much all on the players just after suffering relegation? That's pretty cruel and not a very sincere apology for some of your own mistakes.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'm still baffled by how he could have gotten the setups so wrong at the start of so many matches. He got credit for making adjustments, but better prep or familiarization with the league/teams (you were right, Don) would have seen him get it right from the start and maximize the usage of his substitutes. Instead, many were wasted just to get back into a game and then we were short when someone was injured or tired.

Today was a great example. I could have told you that lineup for Stoke down to 1 spot. Crouch or Odemwingie. If you set up to not beat Crouch in the air, but keep him high in the box and beat them to the 2nd ball, a strategy that has worked very well for us in the past, then you'd have been also been setup well if they went with Odemwingie, which they did.

Then there's his apology which actually falls in line with everything else he's been saying if you've been paying attention. I'll be really disappointed if he's brought back next year. And I couldn't give a rat's ass about how many managers that makes in 1 calendar year. If it's broke, fix it.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This douchebag and the person who told Khan to hire him should be sacked right now. Disgraceful. A big plus however many to everybody's comments here.

6. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

As I have asked before, when does Alistair Mackintosh get blamed and sacked?

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

You can name Stoke's lineup to the man because they have a halfway decent team. We have total crap, and Felix was clearly at the point of throwing darts at a board in hopes of making something click. Desperation? You bet.

The alternative was Rene's, or Jol's, method of trotting out the same crap and expecting the poop to magically turn to gold.

8. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but half our fans couldn't name them. I question if half our fans could have told you what style of football Stoke play before the match.

There's throwing darts at the board and then there's putting players in a position to fail. On what planet can you find a tactical advantage of playing Burn at rb against Assaidi at lw? Worse, why do it with Holtby out of position on the right wing in front of him? And after watching him get abused, why not switch him and Heitinga?

I think Felix might have benefitted from a little more consistency and less of the chop and change approach he's known for.

Also not a fan of him sitting on the bench throughout the match. Especially with a team lacking in communication on the pitch.

9. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

He's obviously way too full of himself. His hubris takes the bulk of the blame. He was so convinced that any team with him at the helm wouldn't, couldn't be relegated that he didn't put in the time to prepare for matches. Someone said he was quoted at saying that he didn't watch film. How could you not watch film when you are new to the league and the other teams?