Lou Dobbs Democrats

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFCinPCB, Nov 27, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

They have a name, Petty, and they probably made the difference this past election. My father is thankfully smart enough not to fall in lockstep, but this matches his description for the most part. Smart enough to know what a bumbling fool BuSh is, scared enough to fear our fairly transparent borders.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/21/Dobbs.Nov22/index.html

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Lou Dobbs democrats eh? I have no doubt this guy influenced the votes of some. He holds the values that many would associate with republicans but is relentless in criticizing republicans. It puts him in a unique position to influence people.

Personally I don't care for him. He throws many stones but never seems to have solutions to the problems. I realize this is what pundits do, but Dobbs is particularly guilty. It’s good to expose truth, corruption, hypocrisy, and all but every once in a while you have to show a way forward. A little hope for the future and how we can get there. When I watch Lou Dobbs all I get is this constant pulling on the strings of fear, this is crap, this bull, this is incompetent. In the world according to Lou your best off going to the closet and hanging yourself NOW.

Yes yes I know there are a lot of problems and I'm upset with the incompetence of our government to but in reality my life is really quite good. Despite the uncertain future I'd venture to say I wouldn't trade places with any other generation. The freedom and the ability at my feet as young person at this time seems to me unprecedented. Do parts of life suck? Yes at what point in history have elements of the human life not been filled with pain, fear, hypocrisy and all other evil things? For that matter when has the future ever been certain?

I voted democrat too but let me tell ya it had nothing to do with Lou Dobbs.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I agree with what you say. Eventually solutions must be entertained. Lou Dobbs is part of the press though, so most of his job is shining light on the problems. I'm not saying Lou Dobbs should be elected for anything, just that he has provided a perspective and voiced the concern of many, including my father (your neighbor from North Dakota), but not necessarily you.