Look for place in L.A. to watch Fulham/Arsenal

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by FulhamAMYnin, Jan 15, 2008.

1. FulhamAMYnin

FulhamAMYnin New Member

My boyfriend and I are headed to L.A. this weekend for the U.S. men vs. Sweden match. We are looking for a place that is open early to watch the Fulham/Aresenal game. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

2. EricD

EricD New Member

You may want to consider Besties in Hermosa Beach. It has been a long time since I was in the South Bay, but it is a cool little pub. I think it is about 15 miles west of the Home Depot Center.
    I would recommend calling first to make sure they will have the game on.
    Here is a link for you to check out:
    http://www.losangelesmetro.net/pubs/

Hope that helps.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I second EricD and highly recommend a morning at Bestie's (make sure you bring your breakfast b/c I don't remember there being food). However, Bestie's is now called the "Underground", and if the match is on FSC, they carry it for sure. Plus, spending a morning in Hermosa Beach is never a bad thing - in my opinion, it's the gem of Los Angeles along with Manhattan Beach. And, Hermosa is very close to the Home Depot Center (probably 10 miles at most), take the 91 East and you'll be to the Home Depot Center within 30 minutes or less (with regular traffic).

Enjoy!!

4. tim

tim Active Member

If you're farther north, you can try the Fox and Hounds (http://www.thefoxandhounds.com/) in Studio City. I'll most likely be there watching, as it's about 10 minutes from my house.

Be warned, last time I was there, it was full of Arsenal supporters. Although I think they'll feel more pity for us than anything else.

I will also be heading out to USA-Sweden...anyone else on here going?

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

For sure you'll want to call to see what is open since the game will be shown live (7am left-coast time). Both suggestions are excellent, never been to the Underground, but Hermosa any time of the day is a good call. To echo Tim, the Fox and Hounds will be open for sure that early and the food is good. Have a great time Amy, and the good news is you missed the big storm by 2 weeks.

6. FulhamAMYnin

FulhamAMYnin New Member

Thank you so much for these great suggestions, everyone! I should have mentioned we are staying with friends in Burbank. I will check to see about the Underground and its options. Otherwise we will likely end up at the Fox and Hounds. If you are there Tim and others, stop by and say hi! We will buy you a beer (do they serve that early in Cali?) I will be wearing a Boca jersey. My boyfriend a Dempsey one.

7. SoCalJoe

Amy, the f&h will be serving that early (what's the saying...'it's happy hour somewhere in the world').

8. EricD

EricD New Member

If the food is an issue at the Underground (Besties - why they would change the name I have no idea- ala George), then the Fox and Hounds sounds like a better idea for breakfast as well as a known commodity for games. It is also relatively close to Burbank. If you need to kill some time between the FFC game and the US game, the South Bay - Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach are nice places to hang out a little closer to the Home Depot Center.

The game is on FSC - I am taping it because I am coaching U-10 boys in the am. We have another game at 1pm, but two of the boys (twins Arsenal and AC Milan fans) are coming over to watch as much of that game prior to the our next U-10 game. I might have to take verbal abuse from 9 year olds. Although, they are great kids and excellent players - I wish I had that level of skill at that age.

9. tim

tim Active Member

Amy - hope to see you there. The question, as always for a Saturday, is will I be able to drag myself out that early. Assuming I'm there, I will also be in my Boca jersey.

10. SoCalJoe

I doth spoke too soon, the forecast is for rain sometime over the weekend, hopefully it will hold off until Sunday.