**Logos are here** - Round 2

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Dec 15, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The next round of logos are here for your viewing pleasure. Again, feedback is extremely important so don't be scared to share your thoughts. You are all the best...no really, the best.

Logo 1:
    [​IMG]

Logo 2:
    [​IMG]

Logo 3:
    [​IMG]

Logo 4:
    [​IMG]

Logo 5:
    [​IMG]

Logo 6:
    [​IMG]

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I'd like to see one with the ball and flag underneath it...but skinnier, so the ball and flag sort of underline FulhamUSA

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I like logo #1 and #4. But for logo #4, I would increase the font size to that in logo #6. And for both #1 and #4 I would have the USA italicized to that in logo #5 or #2...can't make up my mind.

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Instead of the Grey S with the white background, maybe they can just make a black outnline of the S, so its white.

5. americanmike

Regarding font, I really like the font in logo 2, especially the way the USA is italicized and overlapping. Nice one Johnny, I think the S should be white as well.

Quick question for you all, does anyone think we should try and link the logo to Fulham more or even England? Maybe fade the British flag into the American or add in a black and white striped scarf somewhere, etc.

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

I like logo6, with the narrow letters, the best. I'd love to have the Fulham logo involved--the only question I have is copyright. A Fulham badge with an American flag coming off the right would be great.

7. americanmike

Re: RE: **Logos are here** - Round 2

Unfortunately, the one major thing is (and the reason why we are producing the logo) is that the FFC badge is copyrighted and we cannot product any t-shirts, scarfs, etc. with it on it.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: **Logos are here** - Round 2

I like Logo #2 the best.

9. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i agree with heather on this one. I like no.1 and no.2 the best. Both stick out as slightly more bold for me, but i think that logo 4 may be easier to use on products.

logo number 4 is the boldest and the shape of it draws the eye across the product as one would if one was to naturally read something.
    neural linguisticly, this logo would be a more appealing brand

10. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

sorry, i meant to say logo no. 1 and 4....not 2...sorry!

11. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i think that seeing as fulham is an EPL team and there are alot of expat supporters in America that would follow the site then maybe there is some scope for some sort of link between a union jack and the american flag, but i think that maybe a yank might be better placed to contribute to that idea?

12. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I agree with the union jack. A lot of the american supporters on this site are brits.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I like the idea of blending the two flags. Mike, I sent you an email with an image of just that. But I do wonder if it really goes with the name of the site. I think it might be a bit odd to have a site called FulhamUSA.com with a Union Jack in the logo? Maybe blend a Fulham flag and a US flag? Err...maybe?

I'm leaning towards just a US flag for now.

14. americanmike

Thank you Heather, I got it and I'll forward it on to the designer as an example of what he might be able to do. I'm all ears to suggestions so I can atleast ask him to think of one option that incorporates a Union Jack.

I agree with Johnny though, we might want to represent England or Fulham in some one, considering with out either one, we don't have a FulhamUSA.

I don't know, I just feel the logo is still missing something.

15. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

or how about making the fulhamusa writing chunkier and have the effect of cutting out the words from a union jack and stars and stripes? don't know how else to descirbe the image in my head without drawing it so i hope you get the idea?!!?!?!

16. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I'm with Tom, I like number 2 the best.

Its clear, solid and combines the elements of that this organization represents...an association open to all but one that is also to be taken seriously. Its also relatively sophisticated and not over-bearing....a bit like myself, but thinner.

I also happen to be a fan of having the logo on one line - I think it lends itself better to producing other marketing products, ie web site banners etc. I also like the idea of making the S with a black outline on whte.

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Agree with MW2, I like the patchy flag - shows motion, but change it to Union Jack as that's the loc of team we're following.

Use #2 as pattern (says FulhamUSA follows this team)

If ball/flag is atop name..change to slight ascension instead of slight descension. No matter WHAT, "ball straight up" is OUT.. bad connotations.

Use the same font/lettering as #4 "S" white -outlined. That is all the reference to red/white/blue that's needed.

18. Jux

Jux New Member

I'm with Tom and NJGlen. I like Logo #2 the best.

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

No... you're wrong, I'm right.. get back to work!

Some Admin in Germany's prolly watching you!

:banana:
    - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
    clarification: I actually liked #2 best of the presented logos

So, for minimal change, patchy Union Jack with white outline 'S'.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

MW2, we seem to be getting out voted with logo #2. Logo #2 is okay, but it just doesn't pop or appeal to you like logo #1 or #4, which I think is what a logo should do. I think if you switch the design of the flag in logo #4 put that next to the text in logo #2, it would be closer to my ultimate choice of this batch of logos.