Liverpool v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Apr 7, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, I know that we have a match tomorrow, but I'm very old and I have to get this down before I forget it.

I noticed that FSC and FSC PLUS are carrying [between them] 3 of the 4 EPL Sunday matches. The one match NOT being carried is Liverpool v. Fulham at 1000 Eastern 0900 Central.

So, I checked ESPN2 for Sunday morning and, believe it or not, the same two teams that play every weekend for them are playing again -- RedSox and Yankees -- uh no, I meant the same 2 EPL teams -- TBA at 0955 Eastern/0855 Central. Since the only match NOT being carried by FSC/+ is our match, ergo ... ipso facto ... QED ... eieio ... E [I miss Dan Quayle]

Okay. Everything else can wait for Thursday after the Wolfsburg match.

2. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Don, the ESPN website STILL shows only that a "Barclays Premiere League" match will be shown on Sunday morning. No indication of which teams. Less than 72 hours before the match.

I'd guess Roy will be conceding this one and giving some guys a rest.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I REALLY, REALLY do not want this to be a pre-cursor to a Europa League Finale.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There will be no Dempsey, but the only guy today who looked as if he'd need a rest come Sunday was Davies. We have no midweek match next week, so there's no reason to rest anyone.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Re: RE: Liverpool v. Fulham

Agreed. I'd much rather get a team that's not familiar with us.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Not expecting much to be honest. I'd be happy with a 0-0.

7. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

The game is now listed on ESPN's website. 9:00 a.m. central on ESPN2. I'll watch a bit, but I'm not getting excited about this one.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

JP... brilliant minds!

Note it takes a while to change the sidebar .. I was doing it as you wrote

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I can't understand the "not expecting much" and "I'll watch a bit" stuff. This is he most amazing Fulham season ever, and it's disappering on us. I want to watch as much of it as I can.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hoping for the best -- I'll take a point, we got it at Anfield last year, and this Liverpool team isn't that scary at all, Torres excepted.

I just did a lineup allowing for rest for our midweek game v. Stoke, only to see, as I was writing, that it is now moved back to the first week in May, so I say yes, let's make them work for what they get.

The only possible starter I think needs rest is Murphy, and I am reasonably sure he would rather eat a shattered glass sandwich and wash it down with a shot of vodka and Drano before he misses a game at Anfield.

No prediction, as Fulham continues on such a wonderful year, Woy and co are doing an ever-improving job of tying my guts in a square knot.

BTW, LFC fans still like Murphy. Wonder why :wink:.

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Oh, Don, I'll watch alright. I'm LOVING it right now -- make no mistake about it.

I'm just not expecting some epic victory. That's what Europe is for.

Now wrap your head around that!

12. articbob

articbob Member

I am at point that I believe that anything is possible with this team. I am going for 2-1 win with Zamora and Gera making it happen. As long as the defense does not panic in the box when Liverpool brings the pressure, I don't see why we can not win this. 20 seconds changed a game in Germany, why can't it work at Anfield?

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Come on Fulham at Anfield!

14. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

No Torres or Kuyt and little Tommy Smyth is still a donkey. Nev and Bobby Z up top for us. I like us to steal a point.

15. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This was the second game I missed all year. I woke up for the game, but went back to sleep and woke up every 15 minutes or so to check the score. Sounds like the game was pretty boring. I hate the west coast as these damn games start so freaking early!

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks Rafa, for not putting in Torres - a 0-0 mission is a lot easier to accomplish when your best frickin' striker, one of the best in the world, is pulling splinters out of his ass. Enjoy your new line of work next year.

Schwarzer, Hangeland, and Hughes were the BBC's first, second, and third MOTMs, respectively, and since we came into Anfield with that as a priority, we had a freakin' great game. I would have likes to have seen more up front, and Duff almost made me lose my brain with his shot at the end of the game (I thought it was a goal when he hit it). We played a fantastic game, and a point at Anfield -- that ain't no joke, even if LFC is having an off year.

Carragher is washed up -- the few attempts Zamora had at him, BZ more than held his own.

I didn't make the association that LFC would be honoring those who died at Hillsborough today, I was pretty young when it happened, and for a small-town Ohio boy to have any memory at all of it, which I do, I stood at attention during the moment of silence.

And Tommy Smyth is indeed a donkey.

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

yes, great result. Just when I start to think there is no other way Woy and the boys can continue to amaze me they do it again.

18. BarryP

BarryP New Member

It was a fantastically ugly point. This is just a guess but I think about 96.3279432% of the match was played in the vacinity of Fulham's 18 yard box but Schwarzer and Co. were up to the challange. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Liverpool managed 26 shots and 0 goals. Well done Fulham.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Didn't we know that after Zamora utterly embarrassed him at the Cottage?

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Oh, absolutely -- but it was one of those times where the sequel was as good as the original.