Liverpool @ Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Oct 21, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thoughts on tomorrow's match? Stick with the 4-5-1? Go back to the 4-4-2? Who do you want to see starting? Predictions?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Liverpool will get goals... Fulham must get more goals.. simple.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Liverpool @ Fulham

Petty, is this the nice way of saying our defense stinks?

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Liverpool @ Fulham

If Collins John is fit, I think we may see a 4-4-2 for this match with McBride teaming up with our Dutch striker.

That would leave us with Boa, Jensen, Bouba and Steeeed in our midfield and N.Jensen, Goma, Boca and Volzy in our defense.

Boa owes us a good game. He has had moments of brilliance but has not had one of his typical MOTM performances from last year. Come on Boa, lead our team to three points this weekend.

Side note: If we play a 4-5-1, take out McBride and put in either Leggy (make leggy the defensive midfielder and push Bouba forward) or, dare say it, put Radz in and hope he can finally put one in the back of the net.

5. martin

martin New Member

We can take at least a point from this one. Pool is always flat after a midweek European match. I predict a win for the good guys, 2-1 with goals from Bouba, CJ, and Cisse.

6. americanmike

Re: RE: Liverpool @ Fulham

I think so Tom!!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I would like to see the team revert back to the 4-4-2 with McBride and CJ up front. I am not so convinced that even a sweeper in front of the back four is going to help keep goals out.

Liverpool has struggled to score goals this season. Whereas we have struggled to keep goals out of the back of our own net. If we can keep it together in the back, I think we can get a goal or two in attack.

One last thing...I think Warner should be starting in goal. He is younger, quicker and much, much more agile than Crossley is. Warner played his ass off the first 7 matches and was benched for......Crossley. Makes no sense to me. It is not as though Crossley is a proven international or Premiership keeper. He is a quality backup and that is it.

8. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

I'd like to see Steeeeeeeeeeeeeed score.

9. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

4-4-2

McBride needs to be on the field, and he doesn't fit the lone striker mold. CJ as the other striker.

Boa on the left, PBD and C. Jensen in the middle, Steed (sigh) on the right.

Defense? Pick'em. Volz is the only automatic.

Tony Warner in goal. C'mon, the guy has earned a spot, imo. Crossley is slow.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

4-4-2 with this team.

Warner
    Volz,Knight,Boca,Rosenior
    Elrich,Diop,Malbranque,Boa
    Mcbride,John

Malbranque has not played well this season at RW and it isnt like Jensen has been playing class football so Malbranque moves to CM with Elrich starting on the right. Rosenior starts at LB because Niclas Jensen hasnt played well and Liam has proved he can be a decent LB in the Premiership. Also Ismeal Ehui should be on the bench. He has scored 2 goals in the last 2 games for reserves and did well last season.

11. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

McBride must play. He always seems to be involved in our moves that end in goals. It is definitely possible to beat Liverpool and our next few games a re very winnable as well. After the next few league games I see it very likely thst we could be in the top half of the table.

12. sfm

sfm Member

Cooollllins Joooohhhnnnn! COYWs!

13. ob

ob New Member

Let's have anohter one!

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What a performance today by Fulham!! Emotions were high with the passing on Johnny Haynes and the lads got the job done and picked up a much needed win against Liverpool!!

Collins John has a knack for scoring goals and if the defense can stay as solid as they did today, we could be a tough team to beat!! I am extremely proud of the team and I am really happy for Cookie and the boys!! A result like this is worth not only three points, but it will build a lot of confidence in the team.

Let's hope they can carry this over Tuesday against West Brom in the Carling Cup and then next Saturday up at Wigan!!!

15. americanmike

A superb team effort!!! What a match for the boys, we deserved three points and got them.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Great win. Steed, John, and Boa Morte played very well...this will be great for the team's confidence. Great job, guys. COYWS!!!!

17. ob

ob New Member

Well done lads. You've done us proud.

18. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

This was one for "The Maestro", eh ladies and gents?

19. martin

martin New Member

Great result. CJ is really coming on. Nice to see Boa finally bang one in.

20. ob

ob New Member

Finally we're getting the results that we deserve...