Little update

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by andyns, Aug 12, 2008.

1. andyns

andyns New Member

So then, I've been away all summer, thought I'd give a little update for anyone that cares.

My little teaching contract ran up end of May. So, I figured, go to Switzerland for the Euros. So I went over to Bern and setup with the Dutch camp. I didn't have any tickets but enjoyed watching the games outside with all the supporters. After Holland lost I got depressed and went to Slovenia for a bit, and then came back to Canada after the final.

Some of you may recall a promise I made to move to London if we stayed up. Well, I tried. I had a gig lined up, applied for a working visa, and was denied. Years ago I was studying in England and worked under-the-table to make ends meet. Well my boss got caught out and got done. Nothing happened to me, but they recorded my info. Well, turns out they still have that info. I'm allowed into the UK, but was refused a working visa. So that's that.

On other fronts, when I got back from Switzerland my girlfriend of about a year was fed up with me. She said I had to give her more commitment, I couldn't do it, so she left. Since then I've got a new girl, I've been golfing just about everyday and she is okay with that, so it's going good.

Anyways, I like the way our team is shaping up and I am all ready for our opener on Saturday, chat room should be buzzing.

How was the summer for everyone else?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds like one heck of an adventurous summer for you. I respect the fact that you went to the Euros and gave it a go at moving to England. That is fantastic. I am sorry you did not get the workers permit.

My summer has been good. Nothing too crazy to report though. Like you I am liking the way our team is shaping up for the season.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

andyns, who said Canadians were boring?

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

That is one heck of a summer. Interesting and exciting to say the least. Shame about London, but hope it all works in the end.

I've taken about 6 hours of classes everyday throughout the summer and now I am working like mad. Not nearly the excitement you've had, but the pool has aided my sorrows for the most part.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Great recap, Andy!

Just a question, though...
    Isn't that in the same vein as why some depressives end up watching 'Springer'?

heh..

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

All really depends on the "Bit"He went to Slovenia for I guess?