Learning the game with Roy

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by RidgeRider, Feb 3, 2009.

1. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/inde ... 128/519235

Not sure if this has been passed around before. I found it on CCN tonight and I wish I had viewed all the videos before I watched my first Fulham match. Very informative and good to hear Roy talk about formations and situations.

Enjoy.

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Thank you. I love to watch these kinds of videos... You dont see much of this is the US - most of our coaching training comes from people who have never played or managed at a level that - in reality - means anything.

Great Stuff.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Jensers, listening to Roy talk about formations and situations, actually gives you insight into why he does what he does and you learn a few things. If you listen to the situation videos, he talks very clearly about his view of substitutions. Everyone on this site should watch them.

Glad you enjoyed them as well.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

These videos are excellent, Roy's clearly well versed in formations and tactical situations. Interesting how he repeats over and over that games are won and lost right in front of goal. Ultimately, it's a results-oriented game; and those who do well getting balls into the area to players available in area, will prosper

I haven't found the one where he talks about subs...I'd love to hear that.

5. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Optimzer, try the tactical dilemma's section, Goal down with 10 minutes left. I think that was the one.