Landycakes sucks it up

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Good quote from the article about the added pressure of extra matches with his club and the national team... "I'm excited about this; in the past I would have been more worried, but I'll be ready."

Hopefully he has grown up a bit and is ready to take more of a leadership role. He and Dempsey seem to have the most natural talent out of the US side. Hope they show their quality in the remaining matches of the Gold Cup and the Copa America.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

L.D. has a good deal to prove with soccer fans, and U.S. fans in particular. His penchant for becoming an empty jersey during big matches is not wholly unjustified. He takes a great deal of heat for bailing out of Bayern too, some of it justified, some not so much, but from watching his performances over the past couple of years, as compared to his early days with the Quakes, he has matured a great deal as a player. We all know he could still play first team football in Europe, all he would have to do is state his desire to move abroad.

It's great to see him pledging his Copa services when previously he had stated he didn't want to participate. With Deuce's development maybe it will take some pressure of ol' Landycakes and let him just play his game. He's good, he needs to be consistent.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And then there is this opinion:

5. Team_of_McBrides

Re: RE: Landycakes sucks it up

We all know he has the talent, but it is a matter of when push comes to shove what will he do. He seems to favor flight over fight and that is unfortunate. Only LD knows truthfully why he left Leverkusen. It was a poor choice IMO, but not my or any other supporters choice to make.

If he showed ambition to go abroad there would be interest. He needs to show leadership and the ability to fight back when his back is against the wall before he will really make a difference in a club abroad.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Love Wynalda's commentary. He is a no nonsense kind of guy and it showed both on and off the field. His opinion is spot on.

7. USSOCCER10

USSOCCER10 New Member

[quote="Team_of_Carraghers
    It's great to see him pledging his Copa services when previously he had stated he didn't want to participate. With Deuce's development maybe it will take some pressure of ol' Landycakes and let him just play his game. He's good, he needs to be consistent.[/quote]

We all know he has the talent, but it is a matter of when push comes to shove what will he do. He seems to favor flight over fight and that is unfortunate. Only LD knows truthfully why he left Leverkusen. It was a poor choice IMO, but not my or any other supporters choice to make.

If he showed ambition to go abroad there would be interest. He needs to show leadership and the ability to fight back when his back is against the wall before he will really make a difference in a club abroad.[/quote]

Well stated. Landon is clearly the most talented player the US has but will never get better playing in the MLS. I wish he would go back to Europe because he will never be challenged again here, thats where he will get better. Yes Leaving Leverkusen was a big mistake but hopefully he is showing some maturity and commitment by playing in Copa America, where he will be challenged unlike in the Gold Cup running over countries which have zero talent. If only he had the ambition of someone like Dempsey

8. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Landycakes sucks it up

I would say the ambition of any of the US players in Europe. All have shown loads of ambition and motivation doesn't seem to be an issue. They have great work ethic and are a credit to the quality of players the US is producing.

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

So now Landon is planning on playing in the Copa America?

Hrmm. I r confuzzled.

10. Team_of_McBrides

The kid realizes he needs to make his mark on the national team. He has the potential to be the best American born player the US has ever had. Hope he chooses to fight instead of that ever present flight mechanism he has a tendency to use.