Labor Day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Sep 7, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, its 0838 here in South Texas. The sage is blooming, as well as the Lantana, and the mourning doves are out -- but regardless of how hard I try, I CAN'T hear them cooing "Come on, Fulham" like my bud FulhamAg swears they do.

The ribs have been on the smoker over an hour now, the flag is out, and we're about to ready the house for the onslaught of friends, family, band members at 1400 for our 3rd of three annual cookout/anklebite/soirees.

As for Labor Day, soon I'll lift a Dos Equiis to those individuals who make things, grow things, transport things, sell things, educate people, heal people, protect people, defend people, and defend the nation for a living.

Thanks to those producers [goods and services] and consumers who make capitalism work. And I'm talking about what I see in "Los West Side" of San Antonio -- small nail-shops, garages, groceries, taco-stands, repair shops with hand-made signs existing in and serving their community. I'm NOT talking about Wall Streeters artificially establishing the value of imaginary pieces of paper and getting rich while the rest of the country gets poor in the process.

So, happy Labor Day, y'all. Have a fun day off.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I miss Labor Day...I hope ya'll are having a great one.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It turned out aces in my part of the forest, Mikey. Thanks.