Klinsmann quits as Germany coach

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Theoldguy, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) -- Juergen Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish at the World Cup last week, is stepping down, the co-president of the German soccer federation said early Wednesday.

"I regret his decision, but we have to accept it," Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder said

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Well is he done with Internationl Football, or will the USA Mens National Team sign him to a contract?

I hope we sign him....

2. martin

martin New Member

Sweet! Bruce Arena should gracefully step aside so Klinsi can slide into his job. The sooner, the better. Klinsmann did a great job leading his team and building enthusiasm in Germany. He will do the same for Team USA.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

4. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

This would be a HUGE step forward for the US team, on par with the performance in '02. Oh... now I'm getting excited just thinking about the US in 2010...

I would love to see his fire and determination on our sidelines! Much better than the Bruce Arena "I just ate wet cement" face we all saw this WC.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Deutsche-Welle: Klinsmann should head to USA team

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Hes so overrated. He had the Germans playing like absolute rubbish before the World Cup. Scolari would be my choice. He gets the best out of the players every game. Also he turned down England because of the national attention with the US that wouldnt be a problem.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Scolari would be an interesting choice also, but I only want him coaching the USMNT if he promises not have them flopping around like beached fish, like the Portugal Team.

8. tibor

tibor New Member

Klinsmann seems like the obvious choice in my book. 1) he already lives in the US and 2) His teams are more offense oriented which would probably endear him more to the average US skeptic.

9. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I think is already a done deal Klinsmann coaching the US in six months.