Jon Stewart: Wrong Side of Right

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 26, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The first HuffPo warning shot fired across the bow of 'The Daily Show' results from Jon Stewart making fun of Obama for backing out of 'Public Financing'.

Only the first lefto-fascist outburst, I'm thinking.

Here's my thoughts on it, summarized, from Don Surber.

Why's the HuffPo guy so upset? Remember the poll that showed how many young voters get most of their news from Comedy Channel? Something like 25%.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

How nice that you are able to find "your thoughts" summarized by somebody else. Saves all that analytical time.

Is this your thought?

Wow! Did I miss the election? Did I miss the suspension of the Constitution? Or are you and "the source of your thoughts" (Don Surber) not-so-subtly equating Obama with Mugabe. Hmm; and what exactly do those two have in common? You guys on the right are so clever and so fun and so cute!

On the subject, however; this is the 3rd or 4th time I've followed a link to the Huffington Post and each time I need to take a shower afterwards. As Stewart himself has said, viewers who feel that they only skewer the president and the administration because they're Republicans have a completely wrong view. Should the American people elect a Democrat in the fall, they'll find Stewart and his crew lambasting him and his administration just as hard.

That's why Stewart is funny and the Huffington Post [and Don Surbers's column] are just sleazy.

*Fog, "your thoughts" need to work on subject-verb agreement. :lol:

3. pettyfog

Well, first, you wont find me claiming that the MSM and stand-ups didnt take their shots at the Clintons.. they certainly did. And I'm SURE this is going to be the case, if Obama wins {note I'm far less sure of his defeat than Don is}.

I'm only pointing out the attitude of the cocktail party goobers... as opposed to the beer keg and BBQ goobers.

4. sublicon

sublicon New Member

PF, do you ever talk politics on actual political forums ever? Just curious...

5. pettyfog

If you mean an 'open forum', no. I comment on several Poli-blogs, depending on my interest in the issue. For instance, I posted comments {while identifying my leanings} several times on Talk Left blog.

I correspond, now and then, with a couple of the smaller, lesser known issue and political bloggers.

My main mission is to stir the waters here.