John-David settles the question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 1, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I had seriously hoped the Wolverines would knock the wind out of USC's sails... but the opposite happened. Never discount the psychological effect that Michigan was up against... they now have lost three bowls in a row... but I would have thought Mich had prepared better.

Now I worry about OSU facing Florida, as the Buckeyes never seem to be able to win against SE teams.

On the plus side, Penn State did in the Vols and Wisconsin managed to beat Arkansas... and that almost makes up for Minnesota losing to Texas Tech.

On the 'pretender' front, WVU had all it could handle in Georgia Tech. Auburn barely beat Nebraska, while Rutgers stomped Kansas State.

All told, pretty satisfying results other than the poor Mich showing

2. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im happy Michigan lost, now they will stop bitching about being screwed by the polls. Im not worried about Florida at all, I think OSU wins by two touchdowns.

3. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Every SE team but Miami, I assume. :D

Anyways, Boise State is trying to hold onto a lead vs Oklahoma. Adrian Peterson hasn't been able to get much going against the Smurf Turfers' defense so far.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: John-David settles the question

And so they did... BS came back twice for the win.

The end of the game and the OT were so weird,
    I didnt realize what I was watching... OU had the game sewed up with a TD with 40 seconds left.. then BS came back with a great trick play from Scrimmage to tie at 7 seconds

Understand that by this time the defenses on both teams were exhausted.

Finally after exchanging OT TD's BS won on 2 point conversion, from THE STATUE OF LIBERTY PLAY!
    - - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - -- - -
    Oh... and EVERYONE that won 'deserves a chance' at the national title!!!

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

RE: Re: John-David settles the question

That was a great game last night, I think they do deserve the chance but wont get it.