International wrap-up

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Sep 9, 2008.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Summary from the offal

I did not see the match but according to the offal Baird started in midfield for NI. Did anyone see how he played?

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I watched some of the match and N.I. was lined up in a 4-1-4-1 with Baird just in front of the back 4 and Healy alone up top. I didn't notice Baird during the few minutes I watched, and that's a good thing.

On another note, Essien (I enjoy watching him play - please leave Chelsea) tore his ACL while with Ghana and is out for the year. Horrible news for him, but my sympathies don't extend to the Blues.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

At the risk of being accused of yet another "man-crush," I must confess I was upset to see that Essian was down for a long period with his ACL. I thought he was the best player in the EPL two seasons ago, and was equally brilliant last year. Feck Chelsea and all that, but I hate to see the lad on the list.