I'm bored with the offseason

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Jun 9, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hope the players are enjoying their summer, especially if they are not on international duty and sitting with a drink in their hand on the beach.

I'm bored to tears.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

But you have the MLS to keep you entertained and your passion intact......

Aaaaaaaaaaah, ha, ha, ha,.........whoops, laughed so hard I almost sharted. :shock:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Barkeep, another Haterade for Christian.

Thanks.

About the off-season, it wouldn't be so bad if there were ANY news from Fulham. There's nothing about what's happening to last season's loan-outs, or how much money is available or anyone having a trial or a medical. The only Fulham news is that one of our directors got re-elected to the board of the EPL -- WhoopieFizz!

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

So 2 Kaka's > than Newcastle United FC. Brilliant!!! :3d laughing:

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ask and ye shall receive -- count on the Toon to provide the comic relief for the day. I'll bet some Sunderland fans are willing to pony up at least 2 crumpled up fivers for the sale.

I'll miss them next year. Really, I will :lol:

Ok, I'm lying.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, according to the BBC, they're still in the prem. My "top three Premiership" stories have included a Newcastle United story for a full week.

Newcastle=Freddy Krueger.

Great links, Timmy; you've made several grumpy men very happy.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

No amount of laughing at the terrible plight of NUFC can cover the abject longing for end of August and our date with Pompey. However....

Boys - clearly you lack the passion for the summer game of cricket.

When football is over, days in the sunshine drinking beer and wine, while eating picnics at the boundary edge keeps one occupied until the football season starts again.

Now, my American cousins - you were big cricketers until the last 90 years so it can be part of Uncle Sam's mental make-up, you just have to embrace sitting in a field for 5 days drinking. It will keep you busy until the new season - are you man enough?

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think I'm the only one here who has contracted cricket disease, and I don't want to lose it. I know the Ashes are coming up, and I'll be following that as much as possible. I just can't remember a time when BOTH England and Aussie sucked so bad in the sport.

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'm learning -- is it enough to know the Pakistanis won the T20? I couldn't name one member of their squad. I get that it is like baseball inthat it happens at a leisurely pace on a field (pitch), you can drink beer on a beautiful day, and once in a while something exciting happens.

I asked Don this in a PM -- at what point is cracking on Newcastle like making Barry Manilow jokes? They're easy jokes to make, they're mildly amusing, they're at a target that is one step above stationary, and they both have fans that cannot see the error of their ways no matter what.

Difference is, Barry could spend 80 milllion to buy the Toon and have a lot of money left over. Mike Ashley will look at his wallet and cry once his fat ass is outta there.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I swear this is true -- my parking pass for Cleveland State is one of those plastic jobs that you hang from your rear view mirror. Usually they're a solid color but last semester they were yellow and white vertical stripes. I thought to myself, Has there ever been a footy kit with these same stripes? Wow, that would be ugly. Who would be dumb enough to do it?

I should have been able to guess...

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yes, they are disgusting. But, the Everton version of the "bro" or "manzirre" still wins ugliest of them all.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Quite possibly true, but in Everton's case, it's a very good organization that made a misstep. For the Toon, it's one more suitcase of stupidity to add to their baggage collection.

16. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

The off season is boring, but there is plenty of international soccer (Confed Cup & UEFA U-21) & rugby (Summer Tests, USA Eagle Tests, Churchill Cup & WC 2011 Qualifying) to keep me occupied.

Plus unlike some, I do like me some MLS & Superliga. (Nice to see the Fire 2-0 in Superliga!)

Still, Europa can't get here soon enough. I need my Fulham fix. I wonder if Gentleman Jim will be free again this season?

17. jmh

jmh New Member

That looks delicious.

Wait, those are people and not creamsicles? :lol:

Regarding the Everton kits, I think once we see players wearing them in games and not just posing for stills, they'll lose the manssiere effect. Unlike these, which will always be pale orange with paler orange stripes.

I'm pretty psyched for the new season, sure, but the Confed Cup and the Gold Cup and MLS (even though the Red Bulls are in a sorry state of affairs) provide the soccer fix to complement the fact that it's BASEBALL SEASON! (Even though the Mets are also in a sorry state of affairs.)

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ah, in a world of constant change, it's nice to see that there are still some things you can count on to remain the same! 8)