I feel like everyone shares this sentiment....

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by bostoncottage, Sep 30, 2008.

1. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

within reason, bc; but I think it's unfair to call him out over not using Adu and Altidore more this summer. Each player went to the Olympics and each player had just been transferred in to a new European club. It's normal in circumstances like this to allow your players to remain with their clubs, rather than to play in these qualifiers.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I dont agree with the article. It's just making a story where one doesn't exist. If I recall, Mexico did not qualify for the Olympics so they didn't have the same issues that we had with Adu and Altidore. In fact, Altidore saw less than expected playing time in the Olympics because he was still nursing an injury. It would have been too much to bring them in for the WC qualifiers. I'm actually glad he let the veterans take the beating in Guatamela rather than have Adu and Jozy deal with it.

I think Bradley has shown that he wants the duo to be a part of the US squad, but I could be wrong. If they dont start seeing more playing time in the next round of qualifiers, then I'll start to worry. Also, remember that Bradley is far more familiar with Adu and Altidore's abilities on the practice field and in real competition than Sven is with the Mexicans.

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Yeah, I'm with HD and C-Mo on this one; I have no complaints about Bob's use of our youth.

5. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Fair points about the Olympics. But I'm hoping to see a lot more of them going forward.
    AP, to your point about Bradley knowing their abilities more than Sven knows the Mexican youngsters - that's fine, but what about their teammates? I'd like to see them have plenty of time to familiarize themselves with the other guys on the team.