Howdy Y'all from (near) Memphis

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by CleanSheet490, Jan 8, 2009.

1. CleanSheet490

CleanSheet490 New Member

Saw the Cottagers in an away match a few years ago, and FINALLY heading to the Cottage at the end of January.

I told a friend where and when I was going, and their response was, "Do you realize how cold it's gonna be?"

My answer..."Yeah, ain't it great!!!!"

As I said, this'll be my first home match, so I'll be perusing the boards for advice on pubs and other match day build up.

Thanks to all for the hospitality!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site Cleansheet, AmericanMike is a great source for any questions you may have. Do you have an idea where your seats are located?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Welcome aboard, Cleansheet. I echo SCJ's recommendation to check with AmericanMike for good information.

Also, once your trip is done, we'd appreciate pictures, descriptions, and accounts!

4. CleanSheet490

CleanSheet490 New Member

Thanks y'all for the love!

I've got tickets on the front row of the Haynes Stand near midfield. Can't remember if I'm in EL or FL. Hoping I can get some face time on Fox Soccer Channel, since their programming guide sez it'll be broadcast that day.

Any suggestions for wearing something conspicuous to ID myself back home? My first thought was an orange ski cap. I'm guessing the troll mask would be nixed at the turnstile.

I was dumbfounded when Mike reached out and offered to advise me on some places to check out on match day...even before getting my login info. Talk about making newbies feel welcome!

I will DEFINITELY post a blog and/or pics from the match. Odds are my girlfriend will be in more of the pics than me. She is psyched about going and keeps telling me Crouchy's having his nachos. Am I missing a great story here?

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Glad to see you have already made it on here. For a list of recommended pubs see this post:

http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... 5628#35628

My faves are the Golden Lion for a pure Fulham day out as well as The Cottage pub and Bricklayers. All great prematch places.

Welcome to FUSA

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Welcome to the site -- http://football-corner.blogspot.com/200 ... achos.html -- Crouchy's having his nachos was a very funny joke from a Guardian podcast from last summer about Peter Crouch being an ass -- maybe you have to be there for it but check out the link. Congrats on heading to the Cottage.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

With the Orange cap, a Crew scarf?
    heh...
    Sounds like she should be on here, as well.

Have a great time for all of us.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Welcome to FUSA Cleansheet. Enjoy your trip to the Cottage.

9. CleanSheet490

CleanSheet490 New Member

Thanks for the 4-1-1 on Crouch. That's HILARIOUS! I wonder if it's true about the nachos.

I am working on adding a female to the population of the message board. She seems to think Kenny Cooper would do well in a white kit down by the river (but not Matt Foley's van). 7,000 FC Dallas fans can't wrong, right?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

introduce her to us in the Chatroom on Saturday. She'll see we're a well-behaved bunch.

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

There you go assuming that I am not going to show up. Although she should join in the fun anyway. Mo alone is worth the price of admission.

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Terri is much more fun than me; we have to get her to "show up" more.

13. sullytex

sullytex Member

Welcome. I am a newbie as well and I will be going to the P'mth game too. Need to start a new thread to find out who is going to this game and see if we can meet up before the match. There seems to be a few of us. I saw Mike suggested the Cottage Pub.

I've only been to the Golden Lion and one other boozer I can't remember the name of near the station that was freaking packed to the gills.

I will be a couple of rows up from the pitch in section HL, Seat HH150.

14. CleanSheet490

CleanSheet490 New Member

I started a match thread here. I'm just a couple of sections over from you.

I saw Cottage Pub pics online. Sounds and looks fine to me.